DI Mouse + Keyboard: movement bound to main attack

Hi All,

It seems that left click (for using your main attack) is also bound to movement. As in if you don’t have your cursor on an enemy, the left click will move instead of just doing an attack. There is already a movement key (right click).

It would be super helpful if we could align the mouse controls with the controller/touch controls. The way to do that is to NOT have the attack button (left click) also move your character. This way it would be easier to attack things in combat without precisely clicking on them. I know I can press ‘Shift’ but that keeps my character completely stationary. When trying to do the same on touch or controller, you have a little bit of movement when auto attacking at nothing. If movement was NOT on the main attack button, I could achieve this by using WASD in conjunction with the main attack button (just like you can do with the left stick + B on the controller/touch). This is super helpful in combat as well as for breaking headstones and stuff in the environment.

TLDR:
Blizzard, Please consider unbinding movement on the main attack key (left click by default)

EDIT:
Or at least give the option to unbind it in the control options. That way players could have move/attack on one button and just attack on another button.

2 Likes

Yes. Move & attack need to be separate controls. It’s very difficult to play glass cannon ranged builds right now because basic attack moves your toon into melee if you’re not precisely on the target.

1 Like

Would be nice to move the “shift” key bind also. I don’t mind pressing a key to not move. I believe this is what I did on older versions of Diablo. I also believe I was able to bind it to a new key.