Desktop App Update

Hey everyone,

A new update went out for the launcher that should fix the installation issues happening for some games. Please go ahead and relaunch to pick up the update.
For those games having issues with their own updates please run the Scan and Repair tool. If the issue does continue you will want to reinstall the launcher.

1 Like

have not been able to log into the game, the app is not working. will not even let me uninstall and reinstall

8 Likes

I am having the same issue, I cannot completely uninstall. It then states in cannot connect to the update service (?), and gives me the same… try reinstalling bnet which of course is useless. I took the terrible advice on the support page and deleted the battle.net folder. Now my games are gone too. Thanks

P.S. I’ve done everything imagineable. I have not installed any new apps. I disabled my fw just in case, I am wired, no wifi. Nothing is helping

4 Likes

also able to uninstall or reinstall. every time i launch the app, it says the update agent went to sleep. i am totally unable to play any of the games now.

3 Likes

I have tried using diff browsers, disabled microsoft defender, fw… just in case even though blizzard apps are NOT newly installed and have never had any issues. This is on their side, I don’t know what they did but this is a disaster. I also created a second admin account, that does not work either.

2 Likes

yeah i was playing until about 5 hours ago, i just now tried getting back on for the past hour trying to figure this out and it is pretty frustrating lol

2 Likes

I found something that worked for me through the sticky page. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/en/blizzard/t/main-thread-agent-went-to-sleep-blzbntbna00000005/32673/22 not sure if that was one you found but i did that without the router/modem restart and just the folders specifically and im on now at least.

4 Likes

Still not working on a Mac laptop. Cannot even get the new app to finish downloading. I get an error.

2 Likes

I scanned and repaired, reinstalled the game in Mobile and Desktop. But I only get the “unable to load the sequence, check your network or try again later” error. What’s funny is, I created a new character on the same account, same server and was able to play, just monk my character that is unable to log in after the update.

I’ve gone ahead and send a ticket for this (Issue ID: #86280528). I hope this can be fixed as soon as possible. Thank you!

1 Like

This worked!!! Its installing. To be specific, I did the following ONLY. The %Appata% etc folders were all found on C:\ even though I do not install most games on that drive. Once i deleted all the blizzard and battlenet folders… I did not even restart, I just launched the .exe and it installed. I also changed the path, and it installed just fine.

From here we need to manually clear the Battlenet Desktop Application and all supporting data from the system. This will not remove existing game clients.

Open file explorer/file manager (Right Click Windows Start)
Navigate to the folder where the desktop application would normally be installed. Delete that folder if it exists (usually program files x86)
Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA% and press enter.
Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
Repeat steps 3 and 4 with %PROGRAMDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
Empty the recycle bin.
Now reinstall the app to the C: Drive.

Make sure to test once, restart and test again as some reports indicate the issue returns after working normally the first time after doing these steps.

3 Likes

Bnet is down for me as well.

Logged onto Wrath this morning, no issues. Came back this evening, and the launcher was just spinning. The friends pane to the right actually loaded oddly enough (so it’s not my wifi), but the rest of the launcher just spins forever like it was stuck.

My first thought was to uninstall and reinstall. I had to do this about a week ago, and my guild members said the same thing because the launcher was frozen. Everything actually froze up while trying to even uninstall the files, and kept showing an error message from Bnet “please close the app before deleting” and it wasn’t open. I had to manually hunt down the folders and delete them. I followed the instructions in a bunch of threads, typing the specific folder addresses in the folder search and deleting those. Dumped my recycle bin, restarted my computer.

Bnet downloads new game files, but gets stuck about 50% on “Updating Battle Net Update Agent…” I’ve tried it about six different times, with lots of different troubleshooting, and it still gets stuck. Not sure what else to try!

Please Blizz, help us out!!

2 Likes

Tried all the suggestions I can find online, but I am stuck in the update loop. :frowning: I uninstalled the app, and now I can’t reinstall it. Gets to 50% then errors out. Please help!!

2 Likes

I have same problemes I uninstalled the app, and now I can’t reinstall it. Gets to 50% then errors out. Please help!! plz help

1 Like

i have a same problemes

thx a lot, it works for me <3

1 Like

I have same problems. Need help, paying lots of money and can’t play. Thanks Blizzard.

I have deleted everything off my computer. Still no luck. Help!

same here. 20 characters???

Still cannot access the battlenet, One would think this would be resolved by now, or they would be working to fix it. Please contact me asap, I am getting a little frustrated here.