DC Issues on the Desktop App

So, I’ve been experiencing issues with the desktop app DCing then reconnecting. I DC when I’m playing COD and WoW, didn’t notice any at all when playing OW, but I haven’t played that ina week or so (mainly play it during the holiday events). But I it’s hard for me to believe it’s my ISP or my router since my wife and kids can be watching Netflix or something and it doesn’t cut out or buffer. I could be wrong though. just would like some help. I see on here I’m not the only one that’s having this problem.
Thanks

I’ve been experiencing the same problem. I was stuck on reconnecting, now the app shows I have “No Battletag”.

Wow… came on here to resolve a scan and repair loop issue and found someone with another issue that popped up about 1-2 weeks ago. My wifi connection loses internet even though it’s still connected. I have to disconnect from my router and connect again. This only happens when I’m playing COD. I get 200 Mbps on wifi. Card is about a year old. BUT, I’m sure Blizzard will blame the card.

Thinking I’m done with Activision. I don’t have the patience for this nonsense. I work 40-50 hours a week and have two little ones. I get about an hour a day for myself. Think it’s time to try another FPS.

Hey there Jema,

Let’s go ahead and have you run a ‘WinMTR’ network test while a disconnect occurs in the Battle.net Desktop App so that we can further investigate potential network-related issues between your computer and the servers. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the WinMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and launch the Battle.net Desktop App as normal. Ensure a disconnect occurs while the WinMTR tool is running, and let the test run for about 10 minutes.
  4. After recording a disconnect, click “export text” and save the WinMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the WinMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Hey there Skelgarer,

1. Blizzard’s launcher is terrible.
  2. This has been an avoided issue for years
  3. None of your “fix” methods will ever work.
1 Like

It appears there servers are overloaded with the release of the new call of duty. It’s not just you.

I have a potato for internet and I have been gaming non stop, until last week of course. Every game I play ends up getting disconnected. Please fix this Battlenet App.

This sounds like the issue we’re currently tracking over on this thread, we are requesting information to look into this further.