Data Protection Notice and FAQ

So, does this only apply to data directly crawled via the profile APIs (/profile/wow/character/{realmSlug}/{characterName}/…) or do we also have to check each individual character which is contained in data from the game data APIs (e.g. /data/wow/leaderboard/hall-of-fame/{raid}/{faction}), if we choose to historize this data? This question has not been answered yet.

@Anadio: I think it’s safe to say that if you have any data about a single character, that data is expected to be deleted from your database when the status endpoint for that character indicates they were forgotten (or the ID changed).

1 Like

If our only data are player-initiated personal collections, e.g. in our case the player adds their characters to their personal account on our website and pulls Armory data to generate a mount collection for their own use, is refreshing/deleting the data really necessary? The data are entirely in the player’s control already. We don’t even have top collector lists - the only way someone else would see their collection is if the player deliberately gave them a link.

Thanks.

Is it necessary for us to use the status endpoint if we are planning on refreshing each of the individual endpoints anyway? i.e., if we get a valid response on each individual endpoint we have ever called for a character, is it safe to assume that equals a valid status for that character? Currently I’m always calling status as well but it sounds like maybe I could drop that one.

On FAQ #13 it says:

So I guess as long as you call the /status once you can fetch all the others for that character, but you must check /status at least once every 30 days.

Edit: I guess in some cases other endpoints might hold cached data so the /status endpoint is more official.

Even if the character isn’t valid, all the main endpoints can still return a result.

Sorry for still questioning this but still waiting on a response and want to make clear what the rules are.

For example:
wowprogress Sco

Oct 7, 2015 Sco joined [Method]

That data (as I understand new rules) is forbidden. It’s stale and not queryable via API. Want to be clear there’s an exception (when a character is still public) or this is forbidden.

Greetings Developers!

Two additional questions and their respective answers have been added to the original post up above.

We want to thank everyone in the community for their patience as we work to bring you the best answers to your questions as we can. We’d love it if our community members would continue sharing feedback!

Hello. I hope this is the right place to post. I have 2 simple questions :

• Can I display publicly a user’s battletag if this user agrees to it (by ticking a box for example) ?
  • Can I allow my application to display privately a user’s battletag if this user agrees to it ? i.e : one user specifically allows another one to see his battletag.