Darn. In East realm, queues are back

1500 wait in line queues.
I hope that this is temporary.

**(^・x・^)**

2 Likes

Confirmed, 1770 queue. US-East Ladder. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I haven’t played this game in over ten years. I just bought it a few days ago. I’ve never seen a queue in before. I sure hope this means that this game is just super popular again and it’s totally not bots or anything, right? Haha… ah.

2 Likes

Nah, bots are still in full force. There is recent activity by Blizzard with them trying to do something about them, but alas to date, the bots are still prevalent.

1 Like

More and more issues keep arising with this game. Not sure if i’ll be returning next ladder. Already had most of my friends quit due to the ongoing issues they’ve been having.

1 Like

My guess is they are effectively “stuck” or are moving very slowly trying to address the issues due to the ancient coding the game was built on.

I suppose our only hope is that they are indeed working on a remaster which hopefully preserves the gameplay in its entirety but with modern code, which if true would enable them to make changes quickly to address the known issues with the game.

1 Like

DarkHope, Same here. A handful of good friends do not have godly patience for all these game issues. Diablo 2 was a source of fun and for taking a break from a few things. Now, it is like one impasse after another impasse after another impasse. When it runs well, it is hella-fun. But, running well is a rare thang.
ヽ༼⊙ل͜⊙༽ノ

3 Likes

They really need to get this under control. If they cant get a 20+ year old game functional I don’t have much faith that d4 is going to be anything but another disaster.

5 Likes

Blizzard, if you’re listening, some good news would be great to hear soon, whatever it may be. This fantastic classic and timeless game must not be allowed to die!

2 Likes

It’s ok I built a new character for this event… No need to make more than 1 game every couple of hours… for the next week or so. Just have to deal with it until they reset again… Something must be wrong with how they are handling classic games? Probably mostly all working from home…

Record earnings last quarter and they can’t figure out how to fix these types of issues expediently. It’s a shame but this is how IPs die. Greed and cutting corners.

2 Likes

Corporations kill things all of the time to make room for new products… It’s almost as if it’s “working as intended”. Watch by this time next year they will have a Huge Blue Post with a hat in hand disclaimer for the current D2 player base about how they have to wipe the game because it no longer performs optimal and therefore is not up to Blizzards high high standards…

But don’t worry they will have a link to preorder D4 and give you a glowing whimsy unicorn mount…

1 Like

I can only imagine they are drooling at micro transactions on d4.

2 Likes

They also drooled at the real money auction in D3, but that didnt work out to well.

2 Likes

I’d love to see the d2 remake everyone is talking about but it is just here say. From what I have read Blizzard is disinterested in doing a remake of diablo 2 as most of their artwork and coding has become corrupted and it would be ‘too much work’. Lol. Cheap skates. Heaven forbid they do any real leg work instead of just reskinning old content.

2 Likes

if you had it before, why buy it again?

1 Like

I’d have to take a look at quarterly earnings to see what was more profitable… D2 botter cd Key purchases or getting your old player base to purchase a game they once owned and loved and risk doing it like they did Warcraft… I think it’s about even.

US-East Ladder queue: 1515
:man_facepalming:

I had switched to non-ladder when the queues were around 3k before on the ladder. Then it seems like they fixed the problem so I started back on my ladder characters; maybe it was a big mass bot ban they did. It looks like its time for them to do another big bot ban wave.

So you are saying that once you left it fixed itself, and now that you returned the que is back. Hmmmm

1594 que this morning at 9:52 AM Eastern Time Zone.