D2:R theorized changes to trading (if released)

I’m betting that if D2:R is released, Blizzard is going to introduce bind on account restrictions to items that drop in the game much like how trading in Diablo 3 is currently. The items will still be freely tradeable as they are now only to players in the game when the item dropped and only for a limited time.

To make up for the reduced ability to acquire items via the trade route, items will get an increase in drop rate across the board.

So with this in mind, you might want to enjoy the last bit of open trading that you can, because I’m betting that in order to address the item botting/selling crisis this game has been plagued with, completely unrestricted trading is going away.

I find trading as an enjoyable aspect of the game. It’s a shame that a few bad eggs have to spoil the whole carton. Too bad. :man_facepalming:

Edit: Well this theory was shot down. In a way I’m glad it was, but I’m also still worried. I sincerely hope that Blizzard keeps a tight watch and makes good use of the ban hammer to keep the cheating/botting problem at bay, because if not, it’s only a matter of time before the bot squads invade D2:Resurrected.

2 Likes