D2R: MSI Afterburner/RivaTuner stop responding

Posted this as a bug report already. Sometimes I have the in-game display for RivaTuner on. After about 20-30 minutes of playing the D2R beta (also happened during open beta), the display will turn off by itself. At this point, I can’t turn it back on and my GPU fan speed starts climbing up, it looks like the fan curves aren’t being followed any more.

Answer: This may be due to a USB device conflicts with your computer or OS. Try removing the conflicting USB devices and restart MSI Afterburner.

The most common cause is that there’s another app running that is accessing the same usb device that RivaTuner or MSI Afterburner is using, which will cause one of them to stop responding. I’ve found this most often happens if you’re playing music on your computer while tuning it with RivaTuner or MSI Afterburner, so play something else for now and see if either program can start working again. you also read this post on how to cap fps with MSI afterburner for better understanding.
If it still doesn’t work, try uninstalling any other USB devices you may have plugged in right now (like an external hard drive).