D2 Ridiculous ban rules made me sick yesterday!

I have started playing D2 last three months after few years brake and something made me so mad I wanted to break my laptop.
First to say I play with interruptions since 2001 and I NEVER used so called bots or cheats. Playing game for relaxation.
Last months I started experiencing something strange. Few times when I start a game to move items between my characters at some point I am disconnected and not able to connect for like 10 minutes. The game I left items on the ground off course disappear during this time. I have lost lot of items , runes and charms this way. Bad luck I thought and kept going.
Yesterday Ive found Eth 895 sacred armour and started again a game to move some items and to socket the armour. It became 1340 4soc perfect for my hireling! I had to move it to another character and left it on the ground. As soon I tried next enter in it ive been dced and enjoyed that endless “version check” screen with “try again in few minutes” grand finale….
I started checking blizz forums is there any connection problem at that moment and I finaly got the truth…
Some idiot decided to make software to ban automatically players for something he things is cheating but its not. So that way to punish thousands because one of them MAY BE cheating!!! AND YOU DONT HAVE ANY MESSAGE YOU ARE RESTRICTED!!!
What I have found made me laughing really. It is so absurdly that I cant explain how it exist:
Connection restrictions in Diablo II (2000) can be applied for behaviors such as:

• Attempting to use an invalid CD-key - OK
  • Attempting to use a hacked or modified game client to log in to Battle.net - OK
  • Using unauthorized third-party programs or addons -OK too
  • Connecting to Battle.net using a business network (wtf???) , cloud hosting service, VPN, or proxy – I don’t even know what is this and do I use it !!! Why don’t warn me if i do before you ban me???
    AND NOW CHECK THIS!!! A game that allows you to do that actions at the same time ban you from playing!!! :
  • Rapidly connecting and disconnecting from Battle.net- WHAT??
  • Switching between accounts or characters too quickly – WHAT??? How quick the hell is too quickly???
  • Leaving and joining games too quickly- WHAT???
  • Scrolling through skill selection too quickly using the mouse wheel – OMG really???
  • Repeatedly leaving an area and coming back to change shop or gambling items - what……
  • Repeatedly using a spell with no cast delay such as Amplify Damage or Glacial Spike …uhm what??

WHY DON’T YOU MAKE THE GAME IMPOSIBLE TO PERFORM THIS ACTIONS INSTEAD TO BAN PEOPLE???

Next I think are ok:

• Repeatedly using an incorrect password
  • Harassing other players
  • Advertising inappropriate website urls
  • Spamming text or chat commands such as /whisper or /whois
  • Connecting to Battle.net with more than 8 clients

!!!Repeated login attempts after a restriction may extend the restriction.!!! SPECIALY IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE THAT YOU ARE RESTRICTED OR YOU HAVE CONNECTION PROBLEM!!!

If you find that your connection has been temporarily restricted ( HOW TO FIND IT ??? ), please remain offline for at least 48 hours. If after 48 hours you are still restricted, [reinstall your game client or acquire a new IP address. (…)

Customer Support cannot remove temporary restrictions for any reason or help with acquiring a new IP address. - Oh that we know for sure!

Pls someone act sensible there and remove that absurd!!!

2 Likes

If the xfer option as leave items of any sort on the floor applies, then you should care after how many times you lag. You can successfully make a xfer with this option like you can risk to lose godlies.

If the xfer option as the trading screen with the use of a second d2 application applies, then it’s kinda a safe exchange as long as it’s the same player.

By the way, Diablo II & Diablo II: Lord of Destruction cannot be for relaxation because it’s litterally an addicted retro RPG online and hack’n slash game.

Same problem to me, but at least you had play the game!
In my situation, I just install it and cannot login.
I didn’t make any character yet!
And what I knew is the stupid Blizzard Engineers want to ban the cheating bot, so they banned all the IP address by the way like from xxx to xxx.

Sometimes it says “Battle.Net is not responding. Please try connection again in a few minutes.”, and Sometimes I login successfully, and then it will display “Your connection has been temporarily restricted from this realm. please try to log in at another time”.

I have tried all gateway (Asia West East Europe) and the results are same!!
I Also tried using other CD key, but it is same!
And I change my network from LAN to mobile network, but it is same!

So stupid! I had play this game about 17 years! And Blizzard want to force the old players to play the resurrected one, so make the old one broken!
The biggest cheater, I think that is Blizzard!