COD MW2 - Crashing

I’ve never, ever in my life experienced such a horrible time trying to get this game to work. I’ve played all sorts of games on my PC, including other games on Blizzard like Overwatch 2.

When I’ve first got the game MW2, my game would crash because of a, according to the event log on my PC, an issue with the game not having permissions to access my graphics card. After some research, I did find that NVIDIA claimed it was a problem with their driver.

Today is the day, I can finally play because NVIDIA fixed their driver with a new one nearly two weeks later. Upon trying to load the game, I got the error - BLZBNTBNA00000015 which is an issue with admin permissions for the game. Didn’t have this issue before while I waited for the NVIDIA Driver to get fixed. I went and Set run as Administrator to no such luck. I tried to repair the game, and again no such luck.

I reinstalled the game, and again, no such luck but now I was getting a different code - BLZBNTBNA00000012. This is a code that has to do with a corrupted game, though it doesn’t make sense because I’ve reinstalled the game. It’s a fresh reinstall. I uninstalled again, and reinstalled the game on a different folder. Again, I’m getting the same error.

I’ve had enough. Never, have I ever, experienced a game where I’m expected to be my own tech support along with the provided solutions not working. I’ve requested a refund.

I felt it was necessary to bring this up to let Activision or whomever know that’s managing this game, that this is completely unacceptable for players to experience this, especially with a game as massive as Call of Duty.

You’ve lost this player, and hopefully more to come.

4 Likes

The proper place to provide feedback on MW2 is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ModernWarfareII/ as indicated on this Activision’s web page:

This forum here is for technical support on the Battle.Net Desktop App; there is a post by Blizzard, pinned at the top of this forum, which provides information on the scope of support of Blizzard for Activision games… here:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.