COD Cold War Crashing error 887A0005

I’ve been experiencing issues with Cold War crashing and can’t figure out how to fix it. I tried to submit a ticket but it won’t submit. I followed the steps in the ticket submission and attached all the files they asked for, but I just can’t submit the ticket. The ticket submission screen takes me to another page with steps to try and when I select submit ticket again, it takes me back to my ticket with no notification of submission. I checked my tickets and there are none, so it wasn’t submitted. I guess blizzard doesn’t have to help anyone if they make it so we can’t submit tickets. Below is what I’ve done to try to fix the issue. I have a Ryzen 7 3700X with an RTX 3070Ti and 32GB of RAM.

-Game crashes within minutes of getting into the game. Played less than 24 hours prior with no issues.
-Disabled my anti-virus.
-Launched the game with default settings, no joy.
-Launched the game in safe mode, no joy.
-Tried the scan and repair tool, battle.net stated there was an update or something and then the update failed. From there it was just an endless scanning of files and failing.
-Uninstalled the game and then re-installed it.
-Rebooted my PC.
-Launched game with default settings, no joy.
-Launched the game in safe mode and it didn’t crash. I let the game sit there and install shaders, but shader install hung up at 81% for 20 minutes, so I exited the game.
-Launched the game and it crashed again.
-Disabled my anti-virus again.
-Launched the game, no joy. Shader install picked up at 81% and got to 87% before the crash.
-Launched the game in safe mode, no joy.
-Exited and then opened battle.net
-Launched the game again, still crashed. Shader installation picked up at 87% and got to 96% before the crash.
-Selected scan and repair again. Battle.net completed the scan and stated there was no repair required.
-Launched the game and had no issues. Played a match with no issues, other than my graphics settings seem off, but that’s fixable.
-Exited the game and relaunched, crashed again. Was in the graphics setting menu, not sure if this was a possible cause.
-Launched the game again and it worked fine. Played a match. Adjusted graphics settings, no crash.
-Launched the game again and it crashed again, this time in the game menu.
-Launched the game again and it crashed once again. in the game menu.
-Selected scan and repair again. The scan was completed again stating no repair was required.

Blizzard doesn’t offer technical assistance with crashes on CoD. You would need to reach out to Activision, which operates as a separate company. The only thing Blizzard is responsible for is acting as a storefront for the game license, similar to how Steam works.

Update: COD cold war still crashing intermittently and when I try to scan and repair, I get the endless scan and repair loop with error [BLZBNTAGT00000BB8]. I’m sure that’s not Blizzard’s problem either though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.