Chip of Stoned Flesh

I’m going to call this a bug very loosely though in pure honesty it seems to be an oversight. I see several old posts about this gem having convoluted wording as to what skills quality as “loss of control”. I see that a resolution was put in place and the wording was updated to “total loss of control.”

Okay great- but that still means nothing to most players. What is total loss of control? is it stun? taunt? freeze? If that is the case, do you guys realize that not all classes have the ability to do this? Why would you make a gem that can’t even proc by every class in the game or only with 1 skill and a very specific gear modifier.

I got this gem on a demon hunter. I have looked over the tooltip of all my skills and not a single one has a native CC on it. The best thing I got is a lot of knockback and chill which is clearly not “total loss” just partial loss and doesn’t cause the proc. The only skill I see that even fits the bill is Rain of Vengeance and ONLY with Bombardment’s Toll equiped…which I don’t own and cant test to verify.

This to me just SCREAMS poor game design. Why make such a valuable and rare item that cant even be used by 98% of player builds and have no system in place to trade or exchange the item, cuz heaven forbid I got it to drop using a legendary crest and not an elder legendary crest. Seems I choose my gaming handle correctly since it is clear I am just an unworthy Pleb.