Changes to mage in wotlk

WHY CHANGE THE MAGE? the mage has always been a special class with there high burst in pve, cc’s for pvp and aoe farming capabilities. but now you seem to want to change the class for the worst buy changing the the way we can farm in dungeons. im not just talking about solo farming but ill get to that. when a mage is in a group they can be the savers off a bad run with there aoe kiteing control. pull one too many packs well put down a blizzard and save the day. tank dead? los and blizzard for control whilst the others dps and heal. the feeling off this is incredible when you are able to save the day for your team mates. but now this will no longer be a thing you can do. in the outer world the first 3 months off rotlk will be a mess you’ll never be able to quest or outer world aoe farm why you ask? because there will simply be to many people…and i can bet with confidence there will be palas and mages paying pvp protectors so they can keep the aoe farms to them self’s. all your changes are going to do is make it worse on the other players as people will do anything in there power to dominate a aoe farm if they have no other choice. so they could go farm a instance you say… then they get loot and are happy? well no the changes to mage are mobs after a short time will no longer be kiteable in a instance. solo instance farming is out off the question now. so we cant aoe farm in a instance and we cant save are mates in a bad run so at this point why even play a mage. i get blizzerd whats to stop boosters and that can be fixed with a simple xp nerf which will end boosting for good. personally i think thats a bad decision because there’s no farm in wow that will help you keep up with the crazy amount off gold people buy now days. attest this way you can keep up in some way. but not anymore. but at the end off the day i get why the xp nerf needs to happen but not the way we kite and aoe there’s no reason to change that other than the fact you want to. final point is with out olo instance levelling the outer world problem has been made ten times worse and there’s nothing bad with just wanting to solo a instance put some music on and level with out people bothering you i mean i think thats why most people play mage in the first place. please understand i have only been playing wow for just over a year and i have only ever played mage. 7 level 70 mages over 3 accounts all to learn, meet new people and show off a little when the time comes and leaning how to do these aoe farms is one off the most enjoy things in wow for me. but no more. please think about the changes. don’t take away the uniqueness from the mage. please.

1 Like

Hi,

This forum is for technical support on the Classic (ie, legacy) Games, such as Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (2001).

World of Warcraft (Retail and Classic / The Burning Crusade) has its own forums here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/

Please use the appropriate Discussion forum to post your comments/feedback.

Best of luck in your games !