Captcha Authentication - Choose Dice 20 Times?!

You’re captcha authentication system is out of hand. There are six pictures of four dice and I have to pick the ones whose top sides add up to 14. I should only have to do this once. Instead, I am made to do it 20 times. 20 TIMES!!! If I screw up once, I have to start all over again. And believe me, when you get in a hurry because you’ve been at it for 15 minutes, it gets easy to screw up. It took me almost an hour to authenticate myself. That is ridiculous. Please look into this; use a little common sense and simplify it.
I’ve never posted a message before. Never had to. But I am so upset I had to say something.

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem. I have the authenticator app set up successfully. Why isn’t the desktop client using it?

2 Likes

Bumping this for visibility. The captcha system on the battlenet desktop app is currently broken. It does the initial 4-5 tests, then it jumps to 20 tests and some of those tests don’t actually have correct solutions. I was considering giving Blizzard money today after a long boycott, but I guess fate had other plans. Too bad, Blizzard. You shot yourself in the foot, yet again.

1 Like

I had the same thing. Had to do 40 problems and it took two people and 30 minutes to get through them. This is absurd and needs to be changed.

2 Likes

I have the same issue.

I logged in normally from a known IP with my normal password and authenticator and updated my password. On the website I have an easy task - pick a right-side-up image. In Batlle Net, I have to do the 14 dice thing over and over.

I can open wow and paste my password and get a text image verification and 2FA prompt successfully, but I have to spend many minutes and math looking at dice for the Battle.Net app?

The real test of being human or not is how frustrated one gets trying to answer these.

Same here. I was just playing on my MacBook and decided to switch to my desktop which I haven’t used in a while. Same IP. Solved 20 dice puzzles and still couldn’t login.

I ended up clicking on the little speaker on the bottom right of the verification window which gave a single audio challenge. WIth that I could verify.

Apparently you only have a few seconds to log in once you complete the verification or it will fail even if you answer perfectly. Also for the audio options, you only can use it 1 or 2 times before it locks you out for while.

I have a password manager I have to copy/paste the passwork and that delay was keeping me out. So eventually I just waited long enough for the audio and made sure I had the username and password pre-filled to press LOGIN as soon as I verified the Captcha challenge.

It then asked me for my MFA as well… This is an excessive security challenge IMO considering I’m coming from the same IP and computer/client…

I have the same problem .

how do u fix thi i cant log into my account

HEY BLIZZARD I CAN LOG INTO THESE FORUMS BUT CANT LOG IN TO PLAY GAMES CUS YOU CHANGED YOUR FUGGGIN MFA INTO DAVINCIS CODE FIX THIS ISH ALREADY YOU DUMB Fs IN THE IDENTITY AND ACCESS MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT SHOULD BE FIRED

this is absurd, change it

I bought 8 copys of d2 so i can play in players 8 settings, and now i have to do a stupid dice count 20 times to login? hope your willing to refund me my money. time is money and your stealing my time

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.