Can't uninstall Overwatch (BLZBNTBNU00000006)

So I installed Overwatch during a free weekend and never bought it after that.
Now I’m trying to delete some space in my computer and can’t uninstall the game because of the error BLZBNTBNU00000006. I tried using the panel control and uninstalling from the same desktop app but the ‘‘Options button’’ in there doesn’t appear, so there’s no way I can’t uninstall it manually.

2 Likes

Hey, HaroldLorre! This can happen if the Blizzard Application and Overwatch are out of date, but usually reinstalling the Blizzard Application should fix this. If you have deleted the Overwatch installation folder, this typically means that there’s a registry problem. There’s a few ways to address this if the support article steps do not help.

1. Try clearing the cache and tools folders, then reinstall Overwatch and uninstall the game. This should fix the registries.
  2. This is not supported by Blizzard, but you can use registry cleaner like CCleaner or IOBit Uninstaller.
  3. This is also not supported by Blizzard, but you can edit the registry to make sure it is no longer showing up in the Apps & Features or Program & Features in Windows.

Doing the unsupported steps is under your own discretion. Registry edits and cleaners can cause some issues with the system, so please do take precaution if you opt in to clear the registries.

I’m sorry, but it is so stupid that I can’t uninstall overwatch directly from the apps section of my settings on my desktop. Terrible. Now I will never buy a blizzard game just on mere principle.

4 Likes

I have the same problem and I think my installation folder was deleted. But how can I reinstall Overwatch, sinceI only used the free version? Can this be overcome somehow?

This is ignorant. I’m not spending an hour reinstalling battlenet and updating overwatch just so I can uninstall them both.

I’ll reinstall Windows before I do this.

1 Like