Can't run games off of USB 3.0 drive with UASP on

I’m currently using a Samsung 860 Evo SSD in an USB 3.0 external enclosure as the drive for my game library. This works great, except for when I turn on the UASP speed boost setting for my drive. I have an ASUS Sabertooth x79 motherboard, that comes with a utility to boost USB 3.0 drives read speed using UASP.

When I turn this on however, Battle.net can’t update or launch any of my games. When I attempt to update or launch a game Battle.net just hangs, and the drive itself locks up.

I do not have this problem with Steam, Origin, Epic Games Launcher, or any other platform, meaning it’s an issue specific to Battle.net. Looking on Google and the forums, I can’t find any record of other people having this issue, so it seems like a pretty niche use case.

Any ideas on why Battle.net can’t seem to work with this option? It speeds my read speed up about 100mb/s, so it’d feel pretty bad to have to turn it off whenever I want to use Battle.net.

I don’t have an SSD running through my USB 3.0, however my mouse and keyboard were, through a Gigabyte motherboard.

They are functional during set-up and running games. However, on exit of battle.net, I loose USB 3.0 services altogether.

This was confirmed by using USB 2.0 slots instead, and exiting battle.net, and both mouse and keyboard were still working.

Maybe a USB 3.0 problem?