Can't reinstall battle.net app

I first couldn’t get WoW Classic to update, it would just sit at initializing. I checked windows updates and any other pc updates. I restarted my PC and router, I even uninstalled the battle.net app. (after reading a list of what to do on this forum.)
Now I’m trying to reinstall it and it just sits at the little window saying: Starting Battle.net…
I’m at a loss.

2 Likes

Hey there,

Getting in a scan and repair loop followed by the reinstall not working can be frustrating. Usually that’s due to interfering programs, damaged files, or a connection problem. The following should address those common causes:

Nuking all Battle.net application files

1. (Note you probably have this done already) Uninstall the application - https://battle.net/support/article/30304
  2. Press Windows key + R and type in %temp%
  3. Delete anything related to Blizzard or Battle.net
  4. Do the same for %programdata%, %localappdata%, %appdata%
  5. Reinstall the application! - Downloads – Blizzard Entertainment

If you have security software, try disabling it. AVG and Avast have been seen recently interfering with downloads and it may be a factor here, however other AV programs can also be a factor. Keep in mind this is temporary only and they should be reenabled after testing.

Lastly is to try another connection. If you have a friend or neighbor’s network to connect to, that can be used temporarily to test. You can also try a hotspot or tether with a mobile device if your plan and device supports it.

2 Likes

Thank you for the help, I did all the steps and had this happen:
Whoops! Looks like something broke. We’ll try to fix it, so please try again later.Error Code : BLZBNTAGT000008FC
I then followed the steps on it’s page:

1. Restart your computer to resolve problems caused by programs and services running in the background.

2. Update or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.

3. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Battle.net App may resolve rare launcher issues.

4. [Reset the WMI Repository.]/article/000257703) This can help in cases where the root problem is caused by the WMI service failing.

After all this, it finally installed and was able to update the games. It’s now playable. Again thank you for the help.

3 Likes

I have the same problem as Veevoque and have tried everything mentioned and its still not working, it gets 89% way through downloading the battlenet app then freezes.

Cannot reinstall battle.net/blizzard....for some reason the browser seems to stop it from downloading. I have been battling this for 2 days. Need a fix asap!

Call of Duty doesn’t work

1 Like

I am having the same problem. I keep getting error code BLZBNTBNU00000006. Please help

3 Likes

BLZBNTBTS00000029 I have tried to updates and fresh install of Battle.net Apps but going nowhere and just getting the run around from the Blizzard support. It works just fine with Windows 7 or 10 but it will not work with MacOS whether it was working before or not but as of right now I need this to be fixed like yesterday. I just signed up and renewed my monthly membership but I can’t even play the game that I have paid for.

1 Like

I first tried to download it using google chrome and it didn’t work. Then I used Microsoft Edge and it started downloading immediately.

You can try this -

• Activate the Control Panel.
  • Uninstall software is the next option.
  • Uninstall Battle.net by right-clicking it.
  • Uninstall the Battle.net desktop app manually if it isn’t listed.
  • Remove any remaining Blizzard Battle.net desktop
    from the Battle.net Tools folder.
    I hope this might help in the installation process.

Thanks for the recent updates, on recurring issues with having to reinstall and update. It’s really helpful to others.

This resolved my issue (BLZBNTBNU00000006) unable to uninstall/reinstall the battle.net. Thank you!

I have taken all steps mentioned so far and it gives me an immediate error window. Won’t let me delete the app off my computer nor will it fully reload (in the hopes that it may correct the problem) it gets just over 1/2 way finished then goes into another error. I have also turned off all protections and that didn’t help. Any other suggestions???

Ok, I live in an area that is not in a city that has high speed internet and since I can’t seem to get your app to run, delete, reload app, nor update I now have to take WOW off my computer and hope that when I do that (which will take days download) when I download the WOW again all will work well for me. I have already spent the money for not only the month of play time but the expansion as well, fix your stuff guys because I really don’t want to go that route to fix this problem.

It won’t work either way for me. I really wish they would fix whatever the problem is. I am not a happy camper.