keep getting error BLZBNTAGT00000841 i have done all the steps it tells me to do but no luck can i get any help with this
This specific error can be caused by a conflicting third-party program (such as antivirus), damaged/corrupted local Battle.net files, or an issue with your Operating System permissions. The following steps will help narrow it down:
Fully update or temporarily uninstall antivirus programs which may be interfering with your connection to the patching server. If you’d like more information on troubleshooting security applications, click here
Reinstall the Battle.net Desktop App with these steps:
• Uninstall the Blizzard Battle.net App (skip Step 6 for now, we will re-install later).
• Next (before re-installing) let’s delete any Battle.net, Blizzard, and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders in the Windows temporary file locations below. If you don’t see all 3 folders in each location, that is okay—just delete the folders you have):
- Press Windows Key + R and type: %LOCALAPPDATA%. Delete any Battle.net, Blizzard, and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders.
- Repeat the process for %APPDATA%, %TEMP%, and %PROGRAMDATA%. Delete any Battle.net, Blizzard, and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders.
• Finally, re-install the App.
If the error persists, many potential problems related to your installation of Windows can be resolved by creating a new administrator account, logging into it, and testing on the new account.
If the issue is fixed on the new Admin account, this could indicate damaged or missing Windows system files or an issue with how the old user account is configured. This is somewhat common, and the easiest fix is to move any user-specific files that you wish to keep from the old user account to the new admin account. You can also work with Microsoft’s Support to troubleshoot the problem with the old account if preferred.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.