Can't login to battle.net after installing D2 LOD

After installing LOD, I’m no longer able to connect to battle.net. With just a classic install, I had no issue. As soon as I installed LOD, it just stops at Checking Versions and will never pass it.

Edit: After making a ticket, I was informed that I am banned for 2 weeks and can’t even be told why. I understand this game is old but you would think at the very least I could be told a reason. This is absurd. I’m not using a VPN, I didn’t even play that day, I’m not using a modified game client, and I’m always on the same connect. What possible reason could I get banned for 2 weeks? All I did was install the expansion.

A post was split to a new topic: Jackleg - Temporary Restrictions

Deathknight,

I can’t see exactly why you have this restriction either, but it is possible like there’s something wrong with your client. I would suggest that you completely reinstall all Diablo II data on your PC, and make completely sure that you get both installers from our website when you reinstall. Apart from that, you’d need to serve your suspension or acquire a new IP address from your ISP. The suspension lasts until August 7th.

I think I’m just sticking to a classic install when my suspension is up. At least that doesn’t get me suspended for 2 weeks. I always use the installers directly from the Blizzard website.

Hi, I got same problem. Did you know how to fix it??? Thanks.

After a 2 week ban, would you risk it again? Someone basically wasted $10 on a gift to me. I’m just sticking to a classic install.