Can't launch game

When I try to log in to Warzone it tells me I need to verify my account. Then it tells me to get the code, but it never shows up on my phone. I have verified it already, yet it tells me I need to do it every time I launch the game. This isn’t a problem when I launch Vanguard. Only when I launch Modern Warfare/Warzone.

2 Likes

Hi,

Perhaps Warzone is sending the code to the wrong phone number… does it tell you what phone number it will send the code ?

Is the phone number on your Battle.Net account correct ? Check it here: https://account.battle.net/details

There is currently a topic on Desktop App Bug Report with a similar issue:

Many players are finding out that the phone number in their Battle.Net account is outdated… and that they cannot update it… because they don’t have access to their old phone number any more. If that is also the case for you, you will need to contact Blizzard Support with a ticket, as indicated here:

Regards.

I have verified my phone number on the account is correct. I got the error telling me to verify my account 2 nights ago, and I did. The game then let me in with no issues after that. Now, the SMS verification codes are not coming through. I submitted a ticket, but it just said thank you and didn’t give me a case number or anything.

1 Like

If your phone number is correct… then the issue here is different.

?? That’s odd… I don’t know…

i’m now to the point where I can’t request to have the code resent because I have tried too many times. it’s telling me to wait or to contact support… support is non-existent.

Hey. I just had the same issue you did. I solved it by resetting my phone number on my battlenet account then rebooting my phone. Finally received the sms and could activate my account. Game is now booting correctly.

I am having the same issue. Looking on twitter, it seems like a whole lot of people are dealing with the same problem. My phone has service and its the same number I’ve had for years. Vanguard opens with no problem but warzone is the issue. I have resetted my phone and tried to update number again but I reached my request limit. I’ve been going back and forth with them. I don’t even think they know what the problem is.

My problem is I can’t update my phone number without getting a verification code.

SMS verification is working for the account page, so if you need to change any account information you can; however this verification page that COD is sending everyone to is not sending out the SMS and that seems to be the problem. It is a known PC issue affecting multiple customers that is being worked on currently.

So my question is what if it is the activison number itnis asking for or is it always the bttlenet one when u try to open warzpne from pc

When I try starting warzone I get an error message BLZBNTBNA00000012- stating that an error occurred while launching the game. I tried using the repair tool, running as admin, and re-installing the game. Nothing has worked so far. Any tips?

SMS verification isn’t working for the account page either

Any update on this? submitted a ticket over 24 hrs ago and haven’t got any reply. Pretty frustrating as it keeps sending the code to my old phone number which I no longer have. It’s pretty dumb thats the only option and getting no response from submitting a ticket.

Same here no reply. I had a custom tourney to host this weekend.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.