Can't install/update games or connect to online services

Yea I have a Archer CR700 with Xfinity, and I’ve already said from above i have the EXACT same problem.

I’VE RETURNED FROM THE OTHER SIDE.
OP of this post is correct, turns out, connecting to a VPN completely fixed this issue for me. Same as everyone here, xfinity, archer router, the works. A vpn 100% fixed it, didnt even have to reinstall battlenet for a 65th time, just opened it and boom i’m already patching WoW. Z z z stupidest fix ever.

yes that is a fix, but that shouldn’t have to be the fix, as I don’t want to have to pay $50-$60 dollars a year for a VPN, just cause blizzard and a certain router type cant get there stuff straightened. It’s a popular series router that many internet providers recommend, so I know many people that have this problem, 3 alone in my neighborhood, please blizzard find a solution.

Having the same issue. Blizzard. net refuses to download. We don’t have Xfinity though and my wife can still play just fine on her computer. I’ve tried all of blizzards suggestions and gotten nowhere. Tried to submit a ticket and couldnt either

I don’t have a modem and I’m having the same issue. Our router is Arris DG2470. But my wife isn’t having this issue on her laptop. I assume if it was the router she’d have the same problem.

oh yeah totally, it should not be one i agree. just confirming it did in fact fix it. also bumping cause blizzard fix y0r stuff m8

The Arris DG2470 is in fact a 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 modem plus a dual-band wifi router, basically 2 devices combined in one case, which is often referred to as a gateway. In fact the Arris DG series is the same type of device as the TP-link Archer series a lot of us here are using. This might indicate the problem is not just with a certain brand, but with a certain type of device.

From all I have learnt so far, it might be related to how a gateway handles NAT restrictions. If it’s the case, it does explain why VPN would work since VPN ‘bypasses’ the NAT restrictions if I understood it correctly. I could be wrong on this, someone more knowledgeable might want to do some digging?

Anyway, I was able to get out of all this by having two separate devices as my modem and router. Modem: Arris SB6190, Router: ASUS RT-AC1900P. The settings were exactly the same as what I had with my TP-link archer CR500. I don’t think the brand and model actually matters here as long as it is compatible with the internet service you’re using. I can’t completely rule out the possibility that there might be issue with the ISP though. So there is a chance it might not work for everyone.

My suggestion to everyone here, unless Blizzard magically comes to your rescue, is that you try to set up your home internet with the traditional modem + router way, i.e. quit using a gateway if you can and are willing to do so. But beware that I CAN’T guarantee it will work, so use your own judgments.

Again, I believe it is utterly unacceptable for a major publisher to present its customers with such BS. But then, I frankly don’t believe Blizzard will ever fix this issue though I truly hope I’m wrong on this.

I wish I had helped some of you at least. Hope you all can soon enjoy the games you love with no more such hassle.

Hey guys. So since this past Tuesday I was having the same issues where I couldn’t download updates or games from battlenet with my comcast ISP, but it worked just fine on my cellphone hotspot. So I had comcast come out today and check the hardware. I figured it was a long shot since all my other internet activity worked great, just couldnt connect to blizzard servers. The tech said everything looked good. But he did swap out the modem/router combo I had which was 4.5 years old (same one I had since initial installation). I didnt think it would help, but i didn’t think it would hurt either.

Sure enough, as soon as I got on the new network, the Hearthstone install that was perpetually ‘waiting’ to start kicked off. So swapping out the router completely fixed it for me. So if you have Comcast, it wouldnt hurt to have them come out and check the line and swap out the modem. It didn’t cost me anything. Hopefully this works for you guys too.

Has this issue been resolved yet? I currently have xfinity and the archer router and am having this exact issue

I have also tested to see if using a vpn worked and it has and was wondering what other people are doing to fix this issue?
Would getting a new router fix this issue?