Can't install/update games or connect to online services

this company and this game is an aboslute joke. They literally are shutting off support lines. How is this legal?

I already contacted my ISP and they have tried what they can but nothing seems to work. Also, since I’m aware other people in the same area using the same ISP can connect to Blizzard games properly, I highly doubt it is an issue at the ISP’s end as they most certainly did not restrict connection to your servers.

Plus, I’ve seen so many reports of similar, if not exactly the same, issues occurring for other people after a recent BNet Desktop App update. I’m not able to confirm this though since I only recently installed the App after a PC upgrade. But I myself was able to connect to Activision/Blizzard games online services (SC2, OW, CoDWW2) before with the same ISP and same Firewall/Antivirus settings, albeit quite a while ago.

Please have your dev team look into it from your end instead of blaming the ISP. It might be an issue of the latest BNet App or an issue of your servers. Anyway, I assume the dev team would know better and I certainly hope so.

was this ever fixed? I see a lot of people reporting this, I have the exact same situation.

1 Like

I believe not, I tried again moments ago.

Depending on where the real issue lies, we’ll either have to wait until a new version of the Desktop App is released or when they implement fixes to their servers.

still not fixed for me either… can get past downloading new files but then gets stuck at updating agent anyways…

A post was split to a new topic: [hustlex17] Can’t download Diablo 2

This is also a problem for me, however I’m lucky that vpn works for me to bypass this problem, Blizzard please look into this on your end, a lot people have this issue with their isp in order

So far seems like VPN is the only “solution” for me. Dead silence from Blizzard and Activision support. Activision might as well release their next title on steam or even epic store lol.

Hey there,

I’ve seen this issue with a number of Xfinity users (as well as a small number of other ISPs.) It does not seem to affect all of their users so I’m wondering if it’s related to the specific model of modem/router that was provided.

Could any affected users reply with the following?

• Modem Brand
  • Modem Name / Model Number

The modem I use: TP-Link Archer CR500.

After diving into my Modem settings, there is indeed one problem. It appears that the router ignored the daylight savings time in California. So its system time is one hour behind the actual time here.

However, I did try to correct this by setting the time zone to Mountain time (there’s no DST option in the settings). This did NOT solve the server disconnected problem for me.

Lets also check the device for settings such as:

• Quality of Service (QOS)
  • Network Prioritization
  • Universal Plug and Play (UPNP)
  • Parental Controls

Try toggling these on or off to see if there is any difference in the behavior.

Tried UPnP and Parental Controls (never touched that one before). The problem persists. I do not have access to QoS or Network Prioritization settings on my router so no idea about those.

Still, I don’t understand how VPN is able to make it work even with the router system time wrong. I don’t think it’s the router, at least not its settings. But others may want to try though.

I have a TP-Link Archer CR500 as well and the same thing has been happening to me for around 2 months now. I can’t access any of my bnet app games. If I reinstall the app I get access to the install button once, and I can’t install. After the first bnet app launch, it always says “Blizzard Agent went to sleep. Attempting to wake it up…”
It never goes away (have left it sitting overnight).
Error code here is BLZBNTBNA00000005.
Additionally I can’t submit a support ticket. I’m thrilled I found that I’m not alone anymore. I never fiddled with this router’s settings prior to this happening.
If you need more details please let me know. I’ve reinstalled windows to absolutely no avail as well and my gf’s PC does the same thing.

Sorry to hear that you share this misfortune.

Don’t sweat it trying to fix it yourself. The problem is NOT on your end. All the potential ‘solutions’ are just workarounds that shouldn’t be necessary in the first place.

That said, here are 2 workarounds I know that might work:

1. Try VPN if you haven’t already. I know it sounds absurd to use a VPN connecting from within the US to within the US, but give it a try.

2. Try using a separate router and setting the Archer CR500 to bridge mode, i.e. basically using the Archer CR500 as a cable modem without wi-fi function and using another device as your wi-fi router. This one came from the CoDMW forum and I haven’t tried it myself. Give it a go if you would like to.

Again, since all other major online multiplayer titles from other publishers function properly through my Archer CR500, I expect Blizzard/Activision titles to do the same.

A post was split to a new topic: Balkan - Unable to download from website

It’s not users, it’s your download client. It’s not working. I’ve tried even downloading games I don’t even own and the same thing happens; nothing.

Yea I have a Archer CR700 with Xfinity, and I’ve already said from above i have the EXACT same problem.

I’VE RETURNED FROM THE OTHER SIDE.
OP of this post is correct, turns out, connecting to a VPN completely fixed this issue for me. Same as everyone here, xfinity, archer router, the works. A vpn 100% fixed it, didnt even have to reinstall battlenet for a 65th time, just opened it and boom i’m already patching WoW. Z z z stupidest fix ever.

yes that is a fix, but that shouldn’t have to be the fix, as I don’t want to have to pay $50-$60 dollars a year for a VPN, just cause blizzard and a certain router type cant get there stuff straightened. It’s a popular series router that many internet providers recommend, so I know many people that have this problem, 3 alone in my neighborhood, please blizzard find a solution.

Having the same issue. Blizzard. net refuses to download. We don’t have Xfinity though and my wife can still play just fine on her computer. I’ve tried all of blizzards suggestions and gotten nowhere. Tried to submit a ticket and couldnt either