Cant Install/Open battle net

I have literally scourged the internet for days trying to find a solution for this. I started my PC like any normal day and and all of a sudden battle net just wont launch. It just instantly closes after starting the small “downloading new files” window.

I have tried uninstalling all game and app file locations including
%localappdata%, %temp%, %APPDATA%, %programdata%

I have tried going to the inetcpl.cpl Internet properties panel and editing my LAN settings.

I have turned off Windows Defender firewall completely, run the battle net installer in admin mode, the WoW classic installer in admin mode, and the modern warfare installer in admin mode.

The most frustrating part is I see people with the same issues and they have been at this trying to fix since 2017 with no help from blizzard.

Does anyone know any way to help?

Hey Wolfbane,

These issues can happen for several different reasons. Based on everything you have tried though, it seems like it may be due to a background program (like security software) or a problem with the connection. You could try testing another network like a mobile hotspot to see if there’s any change.

I just had the same issue and solved it because i noticed my NoPing subscription had ran out. turned off NoPing, fixed. At least that was my issue

go into your web browser settings under security tab and allow battle.net for automatic downloading. I figured this out after bnet app went to sleep and i uninstalled blizzard then i couldnt get it to reinstall until i tried this.

Edited by Blizzard - this topic is being locked as this is an old post which was bumped. Please create your own thread or contact support.