Can't download/update/login into Battle.net app

I’m not being able to download the Battle.net app directly from its website (Failed - Network Error), so I tried to download both options from America and EU by the Main Thread.

But every time I open the app and push the login button, it crashes.

Report ID regarding the crash:
54DC574A-A119-4DAC-BA0E-2E064E50C826

10 Likes

Hey, preguicinha! There’s some issues with the library and one of the application interface within all the crashes. Let’s try the following steps:

1. Closing background applications.
  2. Delete the Cache and Tools folders for the Blizzard Application.
  3. Try a new admin account, this resets a ton of features and settings that can help with the Blizzard Application.
  4. While on the New admin account run through a system and image repair scan.

If it’s persists, could you provide a DxDiag file? Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

1 Like

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Main Thread] “Failed - Network Error” with Battle.net Set-up file

Did everything but it didn’t worked.

Pastebin: RdzCRy6M

1 Like

I moved everyone else over to our main thread tracking the issue. OP is experiencing other issues with the application that we needs to address separately.

If you are experiencing the “Failed - Network Error,” please refer to this post.

Thank you for trying that out and providing the DxDiag files, preguicinha! Let’s try playing around a bit with the graphics settings and drivers since the crash was calling out the OpenGL (Graphics API) library. There’s a few other suggestions that might help address the Failed - Network error as well.

1. Let’s disable the hardware acceleration.

1. Right-click on the Battle.net desktop icon and select Properties
    2. Select the Shortcut tab
    3. In the Target field add the following command to the end:
      --disable-gpu
      It will look like so:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net\Battle.net Launcher.exe” --disable-gpu
      Note: There is a space between Battle.net Launcher.exe" and --disable-gpu

4. Click Apply and then OK to close the Properties window
    5. Restart the Battle.net desktop app using this same icon.
  2. Try troubleshooting any security applications on the system.

3. The drivers are up to date, but there was a hotfix pushed for the latest nvidia drivers. Let’s grab the hotfix drivers for the 445.75 drivers. This should also help with any other games running DirectX11 and experiencing issues launching.

If it continues, could you contact our Technical Support team with MSINFO files? To help our team know what you’ve tried so far, please include our forum thread in the description of the ticket. Please do not post MSINFO files on the forums for privacy and security reasons.

The concern is that most of the other Failed - Network errors are related to security, browser, or connection issues. It should not cause any of the login or crashes. If there may be conflicts or other kernel (windows) issues, we need to look into what’s causing the application issues. Since the application set-up file can’t be reinstalled, we want to find the core source of what the problem is first and hopefully everything else will work properly again!

none of these steps work. tried them all with a fresh install. there is something broken with the download link. with this many people having this issue.

Got It To Work This Way:

I got it to work by trying to install hearthstone without the app installed. once i started the download it forces the download of the app to run it and now is ruining fine and the app is installed

I assume any game you download will force the app to install.

The hotfix 445.78 worked!

I updated my video card on sunday to the 445.75 version and we there’s already a hotfix! Thank you all for the help!

I’m glad to hear, preguicinha! Sorry for the delay, I was away for a few days :slight_smile: I’ve got this noted on our end since it’s the first I’ve seen those drivers cause that issue with the Blizzard Application. Thank you so much for following up and letting us know :smiley:

1 Like

I am now experiencing the same issue of, “failed - network error” when I try to download the battle.net app, so I can actually install the game I just purchased from your company. I have tried every single troubleshooting approach available on the internet, but none work. I have also submitted three messages to your customer support, and no one has replied in more than 5 days. I require some actual customer service here…

1 Like

wow…I paid over 60 bucks for d2 resurected and now I have no way to play it. I keep getting failed network error after the download gets to about 75%.Same with battle net app. I tried all the troubleshooting methods I could think of, I tried using all different english regions, and a french one, I tried bunch of different browsers it still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Same here. I’m kind of choked

1 Like

I’ve just spent the last 2 hours doing everything that you guys have suggested. I’ve tried unistalling everything…and it is still showing up in my files. I’ve tried the new user. I’ve tried full resets. I’ve tried deleting all %appdata% blah blah blah. I’m about to cancel my renewel and quit the game altogether. This is ridiculous.

5 Likes

Same problem here a couple of days ago. No way to get a clear solution, had to ask for a refund. You have to pocess a master degree in pc tech just to install and play a video game. Shame Blizzard. Dont wander why so much people transfert to consoles: plug and play. Point.

win r then type in c:/programdata/
then i deleted battle.net and it let me reinstall and dl wow again. sooo bogus.