Cannot log into battle.net D2

just reinstalled the game… had nordvpn on as i always do. it let me on bnet briefly but now i cannot get on. even with my vpn entirely disabled…
what is going on here?..

1 Like

Hey, xZEBURx! Due to the VPN, a temporary restriction was applied until the evening of July 13th. There is more information about temporary restrictions on our sticky thread here and our support article here:

Well that sucks. Guess that’s the same problem I’m having.

doesn’t that seem a bit overkill? i didn’t even have time to create a character on my account…
it should probably be better displayed to NOT login with a vpn if this is how you guys want to operate…
i’ve been playing since 2001, and i mean i’ll wait the extra few days. but it just seems stupid. i play wow and d3 with a vpn active with NO issues.

Heya xZEBURx,

I can understand that perspective. These measures are taken to improve our ability to fight bots and protect the servers from exploitative behavior. Because of how Diablo 2’s licensing system works, as well as how it is coded, we’re severely limited in what sorts of things we can do to fight exploitative players. It’s not so much intended to be a punishment for players like you but a way to prevent bots from running absolutely rampant. We’re aware there’s yet more to do to fight bots, and it’s on our list of things to improve still. This is just our current incarnation of protective measures.

A VPN is fine to use on all of our more modern games (those on the battle.net application with a one-license-one-account restriction) - we just don’t allow it for the classic games because of how the server/logins work for Diablo 2, etc.

1 Like

Hi,
I just bought and installed D2. I want to play with a friend via battle.net. When i try to log in, first it may (or it may not) say that my account doesn’t exist, but after a few times it just stops in the “Please wait” screen. He can log in, but I can’t. Can ypu help me out?

wow , just change how the server/logins , make it up to date and modernize it like the modern games woow!

Mind checking how long is left on my IP ban??
Seems like its been over 3 weeks since i played