Cannot launch WOTLK Classic after latest update

Hello, hoping someone can help me here.

With this last update, my wife’s computer no longer can launch WoW. After clicking Play, it just shows the desktop still, but I see the WoW cursor and hear the music.

Other games work fine. She was having issues with it being generally bogged down, and since I hadn’t wiped it in several years I decided to just reinstall Windows 10 from scratch using a USB drive. I also downloaded WoW fresh, I didn’t copy it over from the old install.

The game still doesn’t launch… Kind of at a loss here.

Things I’ve tried:
-Updated gfx drivers
-Reinstalled Windows and WoW
-edited cfg file to force it to start in Windowed mode (just launches a white screen)
-added “-d3d11” without quotes to the additional command line
-Force start using NVIDIA gfx panel to make sure it wasn’t using my integrated gfx
-compatibility mode for Windows 8 and 7
-run as administrator
-disabled full screen optimizations under the program’s properties
-ran the scan and repair tool

I’m just at a total loss… again I’ve completely wiped the machine at this point and it still doesn’t work. All other games work just fine… including other Battle.net games.

Specs, just in case they might matter:
Core i7 dual core 3.2ghz
NVIDIA GT525M
8GB RAM

Someone please help, I want my computer back lol! My wife has all but taken it over since her laptop no longer plays wow

Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

Hi,

This forum is for technical support on Blizzard’s Classic Games — legacy games such as Diablo II (2000). It is the wrong forum for WotLK.

There is some troubleshooting that you can try here:

If you have already tried all that or if it doesn’t solve the issue, you should either post in the WoW Technical Support forum or contact Blizzard Support directly by using this link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/158/164/solution and clicking on the “Contact Us” button.

Thank you, sorry about that. I reposted this question on the forum you suggested.