Can we get a response on the Authenticator?

Can we get a response on what is being done to fix the problem of folks that use carriers like Cricket not being able to use the mobile authenticator?

I’d really like to be able to further secure my account and this is the only game service that doesn’t allow it.

Maybe give us the option to use Googles or another service while you sort this out?

Can we please get a response from someone who knows what is being done to fix this?

I

It’s total crap… When will it be fixed?

Note: MVPs are other players, not Blizzard staff. MVPs do not speak for Blizzard or represent Blizzard.

At the moment, Blizzard has not publicly commented that it is even an “issue”, much less mentioned changing it. It is technically working as designed.

Previously the Mobile Authenticator only needed a compatible device and a one time internet connection to download, set up, and synch it.

There was also a separate optional SMS Protect service that sent you notifications of password changes, email changes, etc. Blizzard’s system has never accepted numbers flagged as VOIP or pre-paid. That includes Cricket. That was fine when it was only needed for an optional SMS service.

In the past 6 months or so, the additional phone number requirement was added as part of the Mobile Auth set up. So now it prevents anyone who does not have a “properly” flagged phone number from setting up the ONLY Authenticator option available. You see, they also stopped selling the physical keychain one…

Reducing availability of security measures seems to be backwards.