Can not start the game (warcraft reforge beta)

Once I started the game, the whole screen turned dark. Nothing showed up even after half an hour. I can hear the music, but nothing clickable no matter how many times I restarted my PC or the game. Anyone the same?

1 Like

This category of the forum is only for Blizzard’s web API. Probably you are looking for Classic Games Tech Support.

I have the same problem and no one seems to be discussing it in any other forum, including the ones in the link from that Schiller person. Have you found a resolution to that problem?

having the same problem, no one Is discussing it.

It happened right after the most recent update. I was playing earlier the same day.

Just to clarify I didn’t write my first reply to discourage anyone, all I’m saying is usually you see a different group of Blizzard staff monitoring and replying on each forum category. Chances are you’ll all get a faster response for a topic if you place them in the right category.

Commenting here on this topic won’t help much, if nobody is discussing it over there why don’t you just create a new topic on the right category ?

I do not play or know much about Warcraft III, but just in case all I can think of is to install older versions of DirectX software, it helped me with a similar situation (black screen and audio) for a non Blizzard game a couple of years ago.

Anyway, good luck with this issue and consider creating a copy of this topic there. If nothing else you’ll at least have double the chance of solving the problem. :grinning:

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/bug-report-black-screen-on-launch-with-cursor/13043

The Warcraft 3 forums are probably going to be the best place to discuss this.

Solved.
First look up this Blizzard Forums discussion page as I cannot post links, heres the title:
[BUG REPORT: BLACK SCREEN ON LAUNCH WITH CURSOR]

Second, a Blizzard tech will answer the post further down in the discussion. He will provide a link to the website to help you fix the problem.

Third, read this part after you have followed the steps at the website. It worked for me:

It says to change the program to the NVIDIA processor. Did not work for me when I changed it for just warcraft. But when i changed it for all of the programs that had “Blizzard” in it for example ( Blizzard Update client, Blizzard Browser). It worked.

I guess I can help with the link, there you go:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/bug-report-black-screen-on-launch-with-cursor/13043/7