Can not install the battlenet :BLZBNTBNA00000008

I try to install the battlenet app. However, everytime it comes with BLZBNTBNA00000008 msg when I login. Please help. Thanks

Hey, CASH! This is typically caused by file corruption with the Blizzard Application. Let’s try a clean reinstall of the Blizzard Application.

1. Uninstall the application
    NOTE: If you cannot uninstall the application, follow step 2, skip this step and add %programfiles(x86)%
    This the default install location. If its not there, you will need to search the computer files.
  2. Press Windows key + R and type in %temp%
  3. Delete anything related to Blizzard or Battle.net
  4. Do the same for %programdata%, %localappdata%, %appdata%
  5. Reinstall the application

If it continues, try checking the host file. If you have the program QT Creator on the system, try disabling or removing this temporarily. Our Blizzard Application uses this API which might be causing some interference.

1 Like

Hi, I follow your steps. The issue is still there. I checked the host file. It is ok. Also, I do not have qt creator. What can I do now? Thanks

Hello, as of yesterday 14.05.2020 i am unable to update or acesss the battle-net app. I previously had an issue which wouldn’t allow me to update WoW/WoW-Classic on the battle-net app and after following the instructions on the blizzard website i uninstalled and attempted to reinstall the app. However, every time i attempt to install battle-net i get the same message “Something went wrong while downloading a required update. Please check your internet connectiong and try again”.
I’ve since attempted numerous methods like disabling firewall,re-starting internet connection,flushing dns via command prompt and many others and cannot seem to solve this issue.
Any further help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

Hey y’all,

Have you tried restarting the PC? If so, try testing the install on a new Windows user account.