Can not download diablo 2 lord of destruction on my MacBook Pro

It says clearly that diablo is available for Mac. Although when you try to open the download file it will say " Mac cannot support a windows game". Waste of my money. I loved that game and was really looking forward to playing again. I looked up everything I could about this issue it seems I’m not alone with this problem. is there some way to download and play the game or nah?

did you download the Mac version?

try going to this site and then selecting Mac in the dropdown box: https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/download

if you’re running Catalina, then D2 won’t run (and probably won’t even install, i don’t know). i think the latest version of MacOS that supports D2 is Mojave. this is because Apple removed support for 32-bit programs and D2 doesn’t have a 64-bit counterpart (yet?).

1 Like

That’s why mac sucks d**** in hell.

" hustlex17

1 post

13d

It says clearly that diablo is available for Mac. Although when you try to open the download file it will say " Mac cannot support a windows game". Waste of my money. I loved that game and was really looking forward to playing again. I looked up everything I could about this issue it seems I’m not alone with this problem. is there some way to download and play the game or nah?"

So, do yourself a favor, join the mainstream and if you want to play windows games, then GET A REAL COMPUTER!

please fix diablo 2 download on mac never opens when i try to open it

Is this something we could see Blizzard fixing? Could I run an emulator or something with an older OS system?

Now that Blizzcon has been cancelled, the hottest rumor going around is that Diablo II Remastered is on the verge of getting released. It’ll be 64 bit and almost certainly will be backwards compatible to 32 bit for people whose fully functioning Macs are pre-2012.