Can no longer be a shadow or shadow lottery cannot joined?

Why can’t I join a shadow lottery? I cn no longer get signets. Whats the point of this system?

1 Like

There are three ways to become a shadow…

Scenario 1

1. You are a solo Adventurer, i.e. not a member of a clan
  2. You need to obtain an Akeba’s Signet.
  3. This can be obtained by entering the Shadow Lottery and winning, whereby you need to talk to the patron in the Westmarch Inn, and choose the “Prove Yourself” option.
  4. After beating the mobs, a chest appears, which contains the signet
  5. Follow the questline, and talk to the shadow NPC in the basements of the inn
  6. You will exchange the signet to become a shadow
  7. At this point, you could join an existing Shadow clan

Scenario 2

1. You are a solo Adventurer, i.e. not a member of a clan
  2. You need to obtain an Akeba’s Signet.
  3. This can be obtained by an existing Shadow donating a signet to you
  4. Follow the questline, and talk to the shadow NPC in the basements of the inn
  5. You will exchange the signet to become a shadow
  6. At this point, you could join an existing Shadow clan

Scenario 3

1. You are a member of an Adventurer clan.
  2. You have entered the Shadow Lottery, won, and obtained 2 Akeba’s Signets.
  3. When you follow the questline and talk to the Shadow NPC, you are given an option to become a Shadow (which will automatically kick you from the Adventurer clan) or to donate the signets to the clan.
  4. Once the clan has obtained 30 donated signets (i.e. 15 separate members won the Lottery and donated their 2 signets each) the Clan Leader can turn the Adventurer Clan into a Shadow Clan. When Leader does that, all members become Shadows immediately.

From your description, you’re probably in Scenario 3, i.e. you obtained signets, donated them to the clan, and either your clan hasn’t had 30 donated to it yet, or your Leader hasn’t converted the clan, or your Leader’s inactive.

Once you’ve donated, until the clan gets 30 donated signets and the Leader converts it, there’s no way for you to obtain further signets or to become an individual Shadow. Your only option at that point is to leave your Adventurer clan, and then follow Scenario 1 or 2.

None of this is a bug, or a Technical Support issue.

1 Like

Something similar is happening to me. As you say I was in case 3, I left my clan, but it seems that I got bug without being a shadow and without restarting the process to be a shadow independently