Can’t Uninstall Battle.net to reinstall it

I had a weird error when playing Hearthstone to reinstall the Battle.net client. When it was deleted and reinstalled I was not able to reinstall it. I have look through a lot of the forum posts and I am getting no help. Not sure as to what to do? I have closed the background Applications, have opened the temp locations and delete any Battlenet and Blizzard folders, and then restarted my laptop. How can I correct this issue?

Hey there!

Thank you for taking the time to reach out. Are you seeing any error messages or error codes when attempting the installation? If not, what exactly happens when you attempt the installation?

Let’s also go ahead and have you post a ‘DxDiag’ so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Hello, I’ve had the same issue for a few days now. I couldn’t update any game anymore, so I tried to reinstall battlenet but when I try to install is it gets stuck at the very begining: “Updating the agent of Battle.net updates” (sorry I translate from what it’s saying in French.

I did do the DxDiag: ------------------System Information------------------ Time of this r - Pastebin.com

I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.

Thank you

EDIT: I’ve just tried again, it randomly worked (no idea why), but now I have this error I still can’t do anything: BLZBNTBNA00000005
It just loads infinitely

Yup my games won’t launch too. I thought my hard drive was in need of maintenance and a reinstall but it won’t uninstall until the game stops with the false positve of running in the background so I checked for a error code “authenticator” error and none was detected by the blizzard teams of tech support. So there you go it’s stuck in my hard drive it won’t uninstall, or launch warzone or modern warfare but black ops the one that nobody plays will launch. I contacted activision support more than 24 hours ago and a funny thing happened there! I was reporting the problem which I thought was “bug report” and noticed after submitting they said thanks for the f$eR6yU feedback.

Hey Dreamex, thanks for reporting this and providing the link to your DxDiag report! I’ve spotted “MpTelemetry” errors in your Windows Error Reports which typically indicate that a security-related conflict is occurring due to a problem with Windows or an installed third-party program such as an anti-virus. Be sure that any installed anti-virus programs are fully updated, and if that doesn’t fix the problem, try temporarily uninstalling it.

If you have no third-party anti-virus or security programs installed – or if update/uninstalling it doesn’t fix the error – many potential problems related to your installation of Windows can be resolved by creating a new administrator account, logging into it, and trying the Battle.net Desktop App there.

If the App only works consistently on the new admin account, this could indicate damaged or missing Windows system files or an issue with how the primary user account is configured. This is somewhat common, and the easiest fix is to move any user-specific files that you wish to keep from the old user account to the new admin account. You can also work with Microsoft’s Support to troubleshoot the problem with the old account if preferred.

Hopefully this information has provided further insight into the situation and helps get that error fixed up so you can get back to playing as normal! Let us know if you have any questions going forward.

I had put in a ticket for this and then I had to reinstall WIN 10 to get it back because somehow a few DIL files were corrupted. It is working now.