Call of Duty *NEW patch 4/22/2021* - Won't launch

Same error here. Tried everything but nothing worked for me. I’ve seen Raven Software asked on Twitter about this issue. So probably they’re investigating it

I have had this issue since the CW S3 update. Many of the suggestions didn’t work but what did work was the suggestion to put the MW folder into an acception box within COMODO Firewall even though i have everything disabled/not installed aside from the Firewall side of it. It allowed the game to start straight away first go since 4 days!

So that one fixed it for me.

I uninstalled an app called Citrix workspace off of my computer and ever since that the game loads and plays perfectly

4 Likes

I tried to uncheck all the start services on msconfig and it works. Give it a try!

Winkey+R----> msconfig----> services

i think the only way to get the free warzone working is to purchase the game at this time.
this may be part due to the cod mobile and warzone joining until may to get free operators etc

I have the same situation, error code, crashing also in main menu and I was trying the same treatments as you but without uninstalling my Norton Antivirus. I wonder if the Activision does know anything about this problem. Will they do something with this?
We’ve got a PROBLEM.
There’s no REACTION.
There’s no SOLUTION atm.

1 Like

Thank you, yes uninstalling Citrix Workspace app solved the problem for call of duty modern warfare (warzone)!

2 Likes

Hey; I think I have found what’s the logic of this problem:

· I ran into Windows+R \ msconfig and then to the Services Tab.
· Unchecked all non Microsoft Services.
· Restarted the computer.
· Launched the game.

And exactly when the game launches, Razer Cortex pops an Admininstrator Windows asking Admin Permissions for modifying something in the system (which I allowed), and from there, a Razer Cortex warning pop-ups saying that it can’t be conneted to the Internet with a ‘try again’ button.

I’ve tried it many times, so each time I launch the game, this service asks me Admin Permissions, so Warzone and Razor Cortex are intimately related.

From there, some other program, such like an AV, may be preventing Razor Cortex for conneting to the internet, reason why the game doesn’t launnches. However, I have other game that launches Razor Cortext at the startup and it works fine, so the conflict is with Warzone, Razor Cortez, AVs, and maybe that ntdll.dll cannot handling the conflict.

1 Like

Hey, this is not a solution, we shouldn’t have to uninstall the antivirus or any program whatsoever, even though some can’t do that, we need a solution from Blizzard or Activision, something that comes with the update itself. My COD Warzone still not working, so please we need a General Fix.

6 Likes

This is a joke this is not fixed yet, few of my friends having same issues, we need Av and apps for work at home now days. Hurry up and fix this asap! I’m not disabling AV and uninstalling VPN clients etc…

2 Likes

Did the developers said anything about this??? Are they even aware?

Exact same issue, no responses from AV and no solution yet. Great way to start season 3 -_-

2 Likes

As Saladpack had suggested earlier, uninstalling Citrix Workspace solves the issue. Hope this works for others as it did for me!

3 Likes

Good call! I had missed the comment you’re refering to in my blind rage trying to find a fix. worked like a charm, lets spread the word

None solution proposed works on my pc, i contact support blizzard 4 days ago and i did non have reply.
My pc have:

• 16Gb Ram DDR4
  • Ryzen 3 2200g
  • Gtx 1060 3GB

My pc crashes, other solutions?

2 Likes

Which work around you are referring to.

He’s saying that disabling his Anti Virus allowed him to play the game. There are some people reporting that Comodo was conflicting with the game, so they’re adding the complete game folder into the exclusions, so the Antivirus don’t interfier with the game launch. Others are closing a program called Cryix or something like that, other Sphos, or something like that; it seems that there are some incompatibilities among some installed software on the PC and Warzone.

Can we please get developer confirmation that this is a problem and people are being resorted to DISABLING firewalls and system essential services as a fix?

I have gone from playing warzone 10hrs+/week to 0 and literally nothing changed on my computer’s end, all that changed was a new Season 3

Please address this Raven, this bug is completely infuriating to not be able to load our favorite game. Thank you

4 Likes

still no hotfix yet…
cant uninstall citrix because i need it for my work.
dont know what to say… lucky for raven that theres no real competitor imo

have u tried to reinstall it and launching the game? wonder if this may works, because i need these programs