Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Unexpectedly Large Patch (March 27, 2020)

I have to download 171 gig as well. I don’t even have that much data.

Shocking. Activision - you have tarnished Blizzards name. You are spitting in the face of customers. CoD MW 170GB patches. Insulting. We will vote with our wallets. Good bye

12 Likes

Hi, Blizz

is there any update or solution to fix this re-download issue ?

6 Likes

Seriously Blizzzard & Activision? I need to redownload the whole game? do you have any f**ng idea how many times I have redownloaded this damn game with all the DEV ERRORS and now this?? Not only that, but I download with 400kb/s instead of the 12MB/s I had before? And of course the server rejects my 600KB log file. Even this is useless. I upgraded my internet connection just for this game! If you couldn’t handle the traffic, don’t make this game free! We have paid for this garbage and get treated like this? Oh boy do I want my refund.

9 Likes

yo any updates? reinstalled the launcher still 184 GB!
Im stuck in quarantine guys please fix this :sleepy:

4 Likes

171 gb :face_vomiting: i just bought the game last week XD !

2 Likes

172GB anche per…disinstallo e reinstallo tutto…deficenti!!!

2 Likes

I have warzone instal, but i have the problem with battle.net crash sometime, i uninistal the battle net app and follow the step to repair it, but after instal it tell me to instal warzone again? why i have it once in pc…

at first ask me if i want to update, and start to download 83gb, it is not actualy download him, but it take that much, i dont understand what happen, now i need to wait to complete 83gb to download update?

help!?

5 Likes

I have the same problem, played last night. Now i have to download the whole game again

Same here! give us HELP!!

you all take the absolute piss. limited connection limited data and now got to download 170gb AGAIN why the hell. Are we going to get some recompense for this?

P.s. got both 170gb update and <500kbps download (have to connect to Americas or i get the other error!!!

4 Likes

It’s been 24 hours since you have discovered this issue and still no fix or instructions how to bypass downloading 178GB of data? Why is this so large anyway? You included backup version of the whole internet in it?! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Why did this guys even updated the game (before a weekend & both with limmited support due to covid)? You guys are just making brilliant decisions :clap: :clap: Stop doing this pls, it’s the second time people have huge updates for the same game. It looks like the third time I am installing this game!

P.S: If you are not capable of supporting the amount of players who actually paid the game, why making it free (Warzone). These guys are also taking bandwidth to download the game. Thanks…

9 Likes

What a great way to deal with the problem, just say „there’s not a great way to recover them. You’ll need to reinstall the game…“

You’re not doing testing before release? Are you bloomin’ startup company?
I forgot that I paid 60 euros for downloading simulator or is that free DLC?

5 Likes

I don’t want to sound like a d***head but honestly, I think that you guys need to learn how to respect your community and offer a bit of a better service for those that PAID for your game.
After making it free for everyone (which yeah, it is not fair for those that paid, especially as there was no announcement that this game will be free and COD never did that before) you cannot even handle stupid bugs like like this, present for more than 1 day.

“Yeah, bad luck, just redownload, sorry for this evening”. You mean this weekend maybe. Moreover, your download is stuck at 0 percents. It doesn’t even start.

Great customers service. I promise you I will definitely buy games through this platform again !

5 Likes

so basically, we cant help you, go download the game again (for the nTH time when this will inevitably happen in the future again), and we hope this problem will magically go away when we roll another patch out and hope not to screw the community base again

you guys make EA look competent LMAO

6 Likes

6MB\s for 172GB, I just never seen something like that, i know the lack of people that can work on this stuff because this very bad period, but c’mon it’s an entire day. Hope it fixes soon

F U!!!First i got the updated error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8, I Fxking uninstall then i got this cannot download bug… fix it now and compensate US!!!

3 Likes

Imagine my surprise after working all week (for the NHS) through this covid rubbish to find my game has a 171gb download. That will take all weekend. What’s the fix? There isn’t one? I just have to download the whole game again? Not good enough! People who have paid for this game deserve compensation!

10 Likes