Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Slow or Stuck Downloads

my internet Is running at 100mbps and I cannot update modern warfare or download world of Warcraft please help me

This is a load of BS…

It doesnt explain why we’re prompted to re-download the entire 170GB game, when the patch is merely 200mb’s…

2 Likes

When I switch to US VPN I have no connection to the internet at all. Why?

I took my brother’s SSD after he’d updated and plugged it into my PC, moved away my game files then transferred the game files over to the right location (C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Modern Warfare). Hit scan and repair and it worked perfectly.

For me there is 1 sort of fix to get it downloading again.

When its stuck:

1. Go to download settings (blue cog next to progress bar).
  2. At the bottom of the page change the Latest Updates bandwith limit to 300Kb/s and click DONE
  3. Pause and start the download. It wil start downloading now @ 300 kb/s
  4. Now set the bandwith limit back to 0 (no limit).
    After a few secs you will see the download running at your connections maximum speed.
  5. Repeat 1 to 4 everytime its stuck.

Obviously this is an utter cr*ppy ‘solution’ but at least you can complete the donwload eventually.

Shout-out to Battle.net for doing absolutely nothing to fix this dumb issues. You tha man!

23 Likes

Hi!

My game doenst work.I tried download but not working.I tried scan&repair,uninstall to install but not work.

• List item

unplug/plug ethernet kabel,and modem restart but doen’st work

change the region from EU to Amerika it should work

2 Likes

For what I paied money?
I cannot play. I deleted game and then I try to reinstall, because on forum you said, that it can help. But no…it not work!
What I should do with this game? How I can install!
You should write what I should do or give back my money!

9 Likes

Change the region to something else then start the update/download. Then change back after it’s downloaded.

1 Like

I tested this method and worked for me: Battle.net CoD MW patch stuck at 0 MB/s quick fix - YouTube

9 Likes

Hi I’ve been trying to download Modern warfare for 3 days now, I only downloaded 50 GB, normally my internet speed is at 4Mb/s but on the battle.net launcher its under 300Kb/s.I tried everything .
VPN doesn’t do anything i don’t have premieropinion and relevant and I have one more week of download now someone help please and tomorrow its the S3 update

Downloading at 350kb/s on a 250mbps connection over Ethernet.

Now I’m about to blow activision’s mind with this suggestion. When demand on servers and bandwidth grow…

You upgrade the servers and work with your ISP to increase your available bandwidth and speed.

Easier said than done I know, but when with the amount of money Activision has it is beyond doable. They are being cheap and lazy.

9 Likes

I totally agree ! It’s incredible that the people who payed the game don’t have best services than people play for free at Call of Duty ! Never had this problem with Steam !! As he said: check your possibilities if you want to propose free games to the world.

1 Like

If you are from Europe, use VPN and change to US servers. My download speed from Eu server was 50kb/s, on Us server it’s 5MB/s

same issue here, any suggestions for VPN ?

What I did just minutes ago and it’s working for now:

1. Exit battlenet;
  2. Use a vpn with a USA location;
  3. Use America location on battlenet.

I’m having steady 10MB/s, instead of the 200kb/s.

2 Likes

this worked for me thanks!

Thanks! It worked for me and a friend.

It was downloading at few kb/s, now around 9MB/s.

EDIT: it worked for a few minutes before going back to download a 40kb/s

I have found a solution, but it’s a “last option kind of thing”.
When the download is stuck do:
Pause - start - pause - start - pause - start - pause - start … etc

The game downloaded everytime i did a reset and after that it got stuck again.
(I had this problem with the previous update, I am currently downloading again and it works fine)

1 Like

Yeah me to, I made the mistake of uninstalling the game and the Blizzard app, but now I of course can’t even download the game. An like you said it is relly getting on my nerves, I tried to be patient but the battlenet is just utter garbage please fix it!!