Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Refund?

Is there any way I can get my money back for my Ultimate Edition Black Ops game? The story is entertaining, but overall I’m not satisfied with the product. I haven’t finished the story because the overall feel of the game is off. I was expecting Modern Warfare (MW) mechanics in a cold war setting. The controls on PC feels like I’m an older FPS shooter. The characters float, and there’s no weight in the movement. After pouring hundreds of hours into MW, I became accustomed to how the guns worked and feel.

I get it and understand that it’s different time periods, but gun movement and mechanics are distracting and grossly different than MW. I can go on about other things, but I don’t want to feel like I’m bashing your game; Blizzard/Activision/Treyarch/Etc has poured a lot of time and resources into making it, and there are some good qualities, but they’re not enough for me to enjoy the game. This is a long-winded roundabout way of asking for my money back.

Thank you,

10 Likes

they are flat out refusing to refund my money - i played very little of the campaign and it’s just the same on rails rubbish as before. But the multiplayer is the worse, it feels like an old game, clearly not even close to the engine used for MW. it’s totally broken and should not even be considered an Alpha version of the game. You can’t even see your ping when playing. This game is a con and Blizzard’s approach to not refunding is fraudulent, saying i’ve played for too long for a refund. It’s simple I have not finished the Single player and have played maybe three hours multi-player. If they refund I won’t be able to either and as such there is no reason not to refund. AVOID BUYING THIS GAME

5 Likes

Blizzard’s digital software sales policy is that all digital sales are final.

HOWEVER - they do make exceptions in some cases:

• The game does not actually function on your computer at the time of purchase.
  • A pre-order has not been released yet but you want to cancel the pre-order/get it refunded.
  • You JUST purchased something and it was a mistake/clicked the wrong product button in the digital shop.

Those are all very very time dependent of course. Using the game is considered consuming content which usually makes it ineligible for refund. If you purchased the game via the Blizzard digital shop and feel you might qualify for a refund exception you can put in a ticket to ask.

Here is the direct link to put in a refund ticket for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. Click the “Continue” button. https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/codbo5/1817/1821/solution

If you purchased the game through another source, you will have to contact that seller for their refund policy.

Blizzard has no role in developing or running the game. CoD is handled by Activision. Blizzard’s only role is the digital shop and the game launcher app. If you want to get feedback to the CoD game Devs, you will want to use the Activision feedback systems or maybe reddit? Not sure if Activision has CMs that track third party sites or not. I stick to the Blizzard side of things.

i used the ticket approach and got a negative response, right now i just broadcast the message in every MW game not to buy cold war.

3 Likes

I have been going through this for days. They just wont listen
I havent played the game much at all, I flagged wanted a refund 9 days in. There are rights that we have for this stuff in Australia. This “sales are final” doesnt fly.

They can’t say, oh, no refunds after level 7, its illegal to advertise or say “no refunds” if you sell or market a game in Australia.

It is against the law for businesses to tell you or show signs stating that they do not give refunds under any circumstances, including for gifts and during sales.

And it may not matter how long ago you bought it:

Your rights under the consumer guarantees do not have a specific expiry date and can apply even after any warranties you’ve got from a business have expired.

The ACCC enforces these laws and have taken on (and won) against Valve and EA for this kind of thing in the past:

accc.gov.au/media-release/valve-to-pay-3-million-in-penalties-for-misrepresenting-gamers-consumer-guarantee-rights

accc.gov.au/media-release/electronic-arts-undertakes-to-provide-refunds-to-consumers

The response has been so bad. The game is not fit for purpose, I purchase it to play with friends cross platform and we get constant crashes, the voice chat doesnt work, get disconnect so many time. Have to restart more than I have played.

Then I get some example of buying from Coles and they wouldnt return a product after a period of time… Surprise, they do!!! They know customer support. I have purchased so many titles over the years and right now I do not want to buy anything again. Worst customer support I have had ever.

6 Likes

Ik were not allowed refunds but could I please have my money back since the game won’t even let me play not that it’s not even my fault I can’t play it’s you guys

This is a lost cause. This is the game industry now .
There is NO chance for a refund, Blizzard never give money back.
The only thing you can do is to delete the game and don’t play it.

I asked for a refund and explained that I really need the money. I’m in a difficult living situation do to the pandemic and needed the money -I wasted on this game and played for 4 hours before giving up on- to buy groceries and I got one of the most mocking customer support responses I’ve ever read. Idk if they meant it in the way they did but this whole experience is a nightmare. Buying this game has negatively impacted my life so much. I feel like I’ve lost years of my life expectancy dealings with its problems. I wish I could use that money for food rn. I think the only thing I can do now is start an only fans.

2 Likes

Ya blizzard et al all trash, i only get behind real devs, bought cod first time in years and i knew i shouldn’t have, trash game, trash people

yea id like my money back too because the game is unplayable there are massive fps drops when doing anything from looking at the score board to aiming with a sniper I cant play at all clicked on the link for a refund and it just said that nothing is eligible for a refund.

1 Like

highly upset, game worked fine for 48hrs now every 30mins in it crashes, great product.

ive been playing cod for nearly half my life now and id say im decent at it. in my time playing cod ive never seen a cod this bad in my life. they need to allow refunds and see how bad of a game this is. to even consider this a cod is an insult, blizzard if you see this, allowing a refund wont hurt just allow us to put the money in our blizzard account to buy another game at least.

1 Like

It would be better if they showed us the “nerf clause” in the agreement we all accepted when the game was in it’s prime.

If you read this, don’t buy this game. Blizzard and Activision is hopeless to find where you get a refund and the singleplayer campaign is offline. it is quite laughable.

Modern way of life, nothing works. Just for the elite.

I know nothing about Activision, but for Blizzard you can find the Refund Policy information here:

I was going to give you the link to the direct ticket options…but it seems those have been removed from the Blizzard website and it now directs you to Activision’s support. I can’t find any mention of refunds there.

:frowning: This is not optimal. I am going to do some asking around about it.

Note: MVPs are other players, not Blizzard staff. MVPs do not speak for, or represent, Blizzard.

I am experiencing this right now with the new ModernWarefare2 and I haven’t been able to play the game. Literally, had it for 3 days and could not play without it crashing… Highly disappointed since I bought the version to support the troops, and I’m a vet myself, and I couldn’t even enjoy the game… Down bad man… I just wasted my money. Should be a clause between both companies to figure this out and have it squared away.