Call of Duty Activision account force logout

Hello guys, I really need some help as I am running out of hope with this issue.

My problem is too do with Call of Duty and being logged out of my activision account which has all my ranks, guns, progression etc on. Now I do not know what has happened but the most recent update of Call of Duty was fine and it updated no worries, I then have come to play Call of Duty and it had logged me out of my account so at the moment I believe I have lost everything… Obviously I am trying to be hopeful that someone can help me.

I cannot simply log into my activision account as it says my account is linked too my playstation account ( what I used to play on ) untill I moved too PC. Plus I have the memory of a goldfish.

I dont really know what to do from this point onwards as I have been trying to resvole this by myself and I am really proving defeated.

If anyone can do anything that would be amazing.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Hey there!

I am sorry to hear about the unexpected trouble locating your Call of Duty items and progress. If you are searching for your primary Call of Duty/Activision account, you will need to contact Activision Support.

If you are searching for a different Battle.net account that you have used to play Call of Duty, please contact Customer Support for assistance.