Bugs Observed in New APIs

These are the bugs I’ve observed so far:

(1) achievementPoints total is wrong (way too low) in main character profile endpoint, e.g., /profile/wow/character. It seems to be character-only and not including other character fallback and accountwide achievements? Not sure.

(2) The equipment API is returning the wrong item level for Pocket-Sized Computation Device. It is not factoring in the punchcards.

(3) The specializations API is dumping the character’s talents in a random order. Given that it also removed row and column information, it would be nice if they dumped in ascending row order (e.g., level 15 talent first).

1 Like

Thanks for the reports, Kihra! To address each of your points:

(1) We have a fix on the way for this one.

(2) We have a bug internally tracking this.

(3) It looks like this one is a gap between the Community API and the Game Data API. We’ve taken note that you would like ordering specified in this document, to make the sorting easier on your end.

If the side effect of the fix for (1) is that the forums will return to showing the account total achievement points, I’d love the fix for that alone.

I’m not sure I’d call the lower number “wrong” though. The reality is that at least for now the game varies between the high number and the low number depending where you look. (i.e., high number in the player’s personal achievements widget; low number on the guild roster achievement points column; low number on the forums; low number on the player’s armory profile (but accompanied by displaying the individual account level achievements vs. the character achievements corresponding to the lower number.)

The OCD in me would love to see this all cleaned up for consistency but that seems like a bigger issue for the dev team as a whole, not just the API.

Until that day, my suggestion would be to offer both numbers in the API.