Bnet error when trying to open

oo sorry i didn’t see!
thankyousomuch! this worked for me

Same issue. Removing 13747 folder helps for a while, after closing application its re-created again

El mismo problema. El mismo error

I’m on Windows 10 LTSC and the following fixed it for me:

1. Go to Windows Update
  2. Install the optional update “2022-09 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5017380)”
  3. Reboot
  4. Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net\Battle.net.13747 folder one last time

my blizzard launcher is been broken for the past 3day u are the only thing that helped me on the forum thanks! u are the goat

1 Like

That’s the correct solution here !

I have had this issue since this thread started, and have tried every single fix listed, flushed dns, reset wmi repository, deleted the 13747 folder over n over, done so many possible fixes… and the install progress bar just resets over n over, I error out before it starts, or it hangs on updating battlenet… Im absolutely stumped, and annoyed I cant play overwatch before they delete it.

Big cheer for Csmug! These steps worked for me and one of my fried to. Thanks to you budy :wink:

1 Like

You are a genius! Thank you :white_heart:

1 Like

This worked for me as well when normal uninstall did’nt work. Thank you!

1 Like

So I decided to reinstall after feeling an itch to play diablo 3, go to do so and get the BLZBNTAGT000008FC error. Six hours later I’m here, asking for any other workaround. I’ve tried deleting folders and reinstalling, resetting the PC, even going into the command prompt and messing around in there. The only thing I haven’t tried is uninstalling my antivirus cause I gave the setup a pass. And no, I won’t be uninstalling it. So…any other workarounds?

Same deal here. No one seems to have a solution other than “keep trying”.

JESZUZ EFFIN CHRIST! THANK YOU!

THIS finally worked! You gotta get all the remnants!

I posted this on the main forums as a thread, so I’m repeating it here too!

Turns out for me, the solution is that you have to find the “Show Hidden Folders” setting on windows to find ALL the Bnet files to delete, or else Bnet spazzes when you try to install a new copy.

To do this:

1 - In the search box on the taskbar (at the bottom of your screen next to the windows Start button), type “folder” to get to your folder settings. When you open the window, there’s a tab at the top of folder settings called View, and on that panel, select the option “Show hidden files and folders.” Apply this change.

2 - Close this panel, and go to your main drive (SSD (C:) is mine) and type “Battle Net” in the search, to bring up all the files that have to do with Bnet on your computer. Whereas last night, I was getting no results in the search, today after making hidden folders visible, it brought up tons that were previously hidden. Delete everything named Bnet. You WON’T lose any game files this way, only Bnet launcher files!!

3 - Note that when you delete something here, it won’t disappear from this list, because technically it’s still on your computer, in the recycling. Check your recycling, and delete the files from there. Refresh the search panel and repeat step 2 and 3 as necessary until your search comes up empty for anything marked “Bnet.” Then I restarted my computer, just to be safe.

4 - Reinstall a fresh Bnet from the download page online, and you’re good to go!! :blush:

Hope this helps some folks out!!

Turns out for me, the solution is that you have to find the “Show Hidden Folders” setting on windows to find ALL the Bnet files to delete, or else Bnet spazzes when you try to install a new copy.

To do this:

1 - In the search box on the taskbar (at the bottom of your screen next to the windows Start button), type “folder” to get to your folder settings. When you open the window, there’s a tab at the top of folder settings called View, and on that panel, select the option “Show hidden files and folders.” Apply this change.

2 - Close this panel, and go to your main drive (SSD (C:) is mine) and type “Battle Net” in the search, to bring up all the files that have to do with Bnet on your computer. Whereas last night, I was getting no results in the search, today after making hidden folders visible, it brought up tons that were previously hidden. Delete everything named Bnet. You WON’T lose any game files this way, only Bnet launcher files!!

3 - Note that when you delete something here, it won’t disappear from this list, because technically it’s still on your computer, in the recycling. Check your recycling, and delete the files from there. Refresh the search panel and repeat step 2 and 3 as necessary until your search comes up empty for anything marked “Bnet.” Then I restarted my computer, just to be safe.

4 - Reinstall a fresh Bnet from the download page online, and you’re good to go!! :blush:

Hope this helps some folks out!!

The fix is to delete the 13747 folder. Can’t believe Blizz has been so unhelpful about what is clearly a busted version of BNET. Also to all the white knights out there… put down your sword and shield… I pay Blizz a lot of $$$ for decades. They can take the time to fix and respond to a busted BNET update.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.