Blzbntagt00000bb8

Cannot update or repair. When i start to update it stops at about 18% and give this error. Please advise.

I have the same problem last night. I followed the steps on blizzards website and nothing works. The only other option is uninstall the game and reinstall it

I also have the problem on a 2017 MacBook Pro, turned off Wi-Fi, not running anti virus, tried to repair from the battle.net client. “Repiar” finished normally, but error code persisted.

Hey there,

The BB8 error is a catch all code. It is what comes up when the app is unable to complete a specified task and it doesn’t know a general cause for it. Typically it will be connection related or software related. Recently however we have seen an increase of reports for permission related issues and this error could be related to that.

We have published a few fixes for the permission errors so there shouldn’t be new cases but it is possible the data for the app or game client is still corrupted in which case clearing it may be necessary:

1. Open file explorer/file manager (Right Click Windows Start)
  2. Navigate to the folder where the desktop application would normally be installed. Delete that folder if it exists (usually program files x86)
  3. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA% and press enter.
  4. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with %PROGRAMDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  6. Empty the recycle bin.
  7. Create a new administrator account: Creating a New Administrator Account - Blizzard Support
  8. Restart the computer and log into the new admin account.
  9. Now reinstall the app to the C: Drive.

You should be able to locate the game at this point after launching the desktop application. If the app cannot locate the game or if the game still shows as needing an update but will not update, then we need to remove the game client and reinstall that as well.

1. Open file explorer/file manager (Right Click Windows Start)
  2. Navigate to where the game client is installed.
  3. Delete the game folder.
  4. Go back to the Blizzard App and reinstall the game client through the Blizzard App.

Mac:

Perform the steps listed on this article to remove the Blizzard Desktop Application from the system: Uninstalling the Battle.net Desktop App - Blizzard Support

At this time, lets go ahead and run some permission/disk repairs to try and solve this:

Repair - Mac Folder Permissions: Repairing Shared Folder Permissions (Mac) - Blizzard Support
Repair - Application Permissions: Repairing Application Support Permissions - Blizzard Support

Create a new administrator account: Creating a New Administrator Account - Blizzard Support

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.

So I am getting this error now as well, and have tried these steps, and none have resolved the error.

If you performed the provided steps and the issue persists then I recommend putting in a ticket for more direct assistance:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1202/ticket

You’re so lucky because mine keep crashing at 98%… each try takes such a long time and raises my hopes up before crushing them… it’s worse than camping Huolon. For weeks I could not repair and now I can’t even update, so I can’t log in anymore.

so basically we need to reinstall the whole game again thats chalked sort out your stuff please get a better form of anti cheat that works along side the launcher imagine the amount of revenue you wouldve made from the game titles using your launcher etc like ive never had more hassle with a game and with a launcher for a title in my life start giving a F*** about the people who pay money so your boss can the big house and side chicks whilst probs getting sucked off by the cartel or sommink cheers

1 Like

I had the dreaded BB8 error… tried following the steps to the best of my ability-
tried deleting Battle.net and associated files… some of which I could not find… reinstalled battle.net - which seemed to work…
clicked the play WoW button… and got the following:
The CAS system was unable to initialize: ClientHandler: initialization error: failed fetching the CDN configuration file. ( then it must of tried 2 more times as this same message is repeated ) then it said : Client Handler: Create failed; E_IO_ERROR
and there are literally lines upon Lines of stuff…

Where do I go from here? I was able to run the WoW yesterday morning but now can not.
I am on new newer iMac with uptodate system software and not running any specialty security software…

BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 problem then
Update then
Battle.net app stuck on “Scanning game files…” then
BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 problem then…
Update then
Battle.net app stuck on “Scanning game files…” then
BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 problem then…
wtf is going on?

18 Likes

did you figure out how to fix it? and can you tell me, please?

3 Likes

This is happening to me too. New update can not install. Restart, temp disabled AV, scan files, moved files to another HD and still same error [BLZBNTAGT00000BB8] asking to to try again.

1 Like

i am also having this problem

Try this fix:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Still didn’t help the Scan & Repair loop…

Unfortunately this fix that people keep posting is for an infinite update/scan loop, which is not the problem that people with the BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 error are having.

With this error, the game scans files when it needs to update, and then throws the error and never finishes scanning and therefore never finishes updating. It’s a different error, and this fix doesn’t work for it, as this fix requires the the game files to be scanned to see what’s missing and re-download it. Since scanning the game files is crashing/erroring, it’s never able to re-download the files you deleted.

The only fix for this error seems to be reinstalling the game from scratch, which takes hours, and then only lasts for 2 days before erroring again.

1 Like

i am having this problem too.

did someone sort this problem??

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.