BLZBNTAGT0000096A error

The past couple of days I’ve been having this annoying error when I try to update WoW and WoW TBC Classic. It tells me I can’t repair World of Warcraft while TBC Classic is being updated and vice versa.

Additionally, sometimes I get this error: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8. “Something went wrong, try again later, teehee. We’re a small indie company.” I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the launcher, turned off virus protection (dumb idea, btw), and all your suggestions to no avail.

Oddly enough, I’ve updated Diablo II and Hearthstone with no problems at all. It seems to be just the WoW games.

I can’t even log into my WoW accounts. Please fix this or give me my money back.

Update: Just uninstalled The BS Crusade and now I can’t reinstall. Thanks a bunch, Blizz. Top notch.

2nd update: I tried everything including swearing profusely (which, shockingly, didn’t work) but what finally did the trick was actually deleting the entire World of Warcraft folder. It forced the launcher to reinstall TBC classic and I’ve finally gotten into my account. I haven’t reinstalled retail because that’s like a bajillion GBs and I don’t play it much anyway. Small indie company.

1 Like

I am having the same problem and it continues no matter what Blitz does to help. I can not update my MAC OS runn9ing Monterey FOR
WOW. Forums are no help and I have seen not way to solve this issue. It has been 4 days and no way to log in and update my WOW account. Error keeps telling me it is Broken and try again. Some help here please. This really sucks.

I am having the same problem.

I am having the same problem.

Hello everyone,

This currently is an issue that is being investigated and worked on. We have a few threads in the WOW forums as well as this forum (and their MAC counterparts) that we are keeping updated. For those that still have WOW installed you should be able to launch the game through the WOW folder. If you uninstalled the game you can copy the game file from another computer if you have access to one. We will update all the threads when know more information.

I tried launching the game from the WOW folder. I received the message "Your World of Warcraft installation is damaged. To learn how to repair it, see: https://battle.net/support/article/6572."

Run the repair tool (multiple times) and get theBLZBNTAGT00000BB8 error.
It’s one big circle of errors.

2 Likes

i get the sam thig guy what do i do

am gt the sam thing as u scan and reapt keeps going after it done it 10 times

WoW - Retail has been stuck in an endless Update/Scanning loop since Monday.

When I open BNet, it says to update. Within seconds of starting the update, a scan begins. The scan completes but I get this error:

BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 'Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot"

And so on and so on and so on …

2 Likes

WOW Retail–MAC–Big Sur 11.6.1OS

BNet keeps trying to update WOW, then cancels out and gives “BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 'Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot” error. After trying all the suggestions on the support page, I deleted and reinstalled BNet. When I first opened BNet after reinstall the update worked perfectly, but when I then went to open WOW, I got a “Client Handler” error, and game won’t launch. Tried launching directly from the game icon still had client handler issue, and now BNet is back to endlessly trying to update and canceliing out with the BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 error

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.