Blizzard Support

Does it take longer than a week for Blizzard to get back to you regarding a support ticket?

I opened a ticket a week ago regarding changing countries and I haven’t heard anything back. Getting really frustrated since I cant enjoy warzone 2

Yes. Currently waiting a week for one I submitted.
If you look around, you kind find posts for folks waiting a lot longer than that (i.e. a month.)

Just because the MO is to wait over a month for any kind of support does not mean that it should be like that. It is not hard to run good support, especially when it is all text based with no real phone support. This game takes in a lot of money from paying customers and the level of support they get is ridiculous!

I waited for a month to get an answer - and my problem wasnt fixed even after the answered.
What im trying to say is that you probably have a long time to wait and probably for nothing.

Just a follow up, I waited for a month, received two cut and paste replies during that time, and neither of them resolved the issue.

Activision does maintain a phone number (1 310 255 2000). I think they are legally required to as part of the registration of their DNS entries. No one answers that number, and the support options on it just refer you to the website. Even the operator option just says the call cannot be completed. Not sure if that’s legal or not, but there it is.

At this point, they’ve insulated themselves from their customers such that no individual can get a support solution they haven’t automated or scripted (i.e. what they decide they’re willing to address.) Everything else just falls into the ticket backlog void where customers try till they give up.

There’s no short term fix for that. It’d take a serious social movement or legal action to get their attention, and then the cost of not fixing it would have to be higher than the profits they’re making scamming people. And yes, saying you have support, and then doing this is a scam.

My personal solution was to cancel my renewal and move on. If enough people do that, maybe they will learn not to do this. But I doubt it. Activision Blizzard doesn’t give a damn about its customers. Just the money. And with a legacy product like this, it’s easy to cash in on the history of the product for long time.