Blizzard Launcher won't open

Everytime i launch the launcher i see it running on my tasks but can’t open it, i tried reinstalling twice, placed the system on selective start up, gave administrator privileges, enabled secondary logon but nothing really worked.

1 Like

Howdy Bloph,

Do you have any antivirus or firewall software? These can often block the app from launching correctly. Make sure to add the Blizzard app as an exception or try disabling them temporarily to test.

Just did the test and it doesn’t seem to work :confused: , also tried deleting the cache file but it didn’t work either.

Bloph,

You ran the app as admin but did you try from a new admin account? Also, did you temporarily uninstall your security or just disable it? If you only disabled, try temp uninstalling.

If you’re still having trouble after this troubleshooting, please generate a text copy of your DxDiag using these instructions. Once you have that made, open the file. Copy the code below, then copy/paste everything from that DXDiag file between the rows of tilde (~) marks where it says “DXDiag goes here.”

~~~~
DXDiag goes here
~~~~

If the file’s too large to submit, you can upload it to a file hosting site like pastebin and post the link in the code above instead.

Bloph,
had a similar issue. Try seeing if removing a disc from your disc drive allows you to run the Bnet client. That resolved this issue for me

This actually resolved my issue. Many thanks :).

Thank you for sharing! We’re tracking reports for the launcher issues where removing the CD from the disc drive seems to help. For anyone else experiencing the issue where this does help, please refer to this thread here: