Blizzard hates cricket phone users

So I am just screwed no matter how I go about this unless I switch carriers?

4 Likes

So, i bought the battle pass for OW2 months ago, and now being told, as someone who hates mobile phones(i have a land line) that i HAVE to have a SPECIFIC mobile phone situation or NO game, AFTER they got my money??? That’s outrageous. I want a refund of some sort if I can not play the game.

2 Likes

Please be sure to request a refund. If the game has not released you should be eligible.

Direct refund link if you are eligible
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/334/1997/solution

The refund system is partly automated. If it auto denies you (there are reasons that may not be your fault that it would deny), be sure to follow up and put in a ticket to have a GM review the case.

You’re making a bad comparison, and being rather condescending while doing so. This isn’t about someone getting mad that they chose an outdated piece of hardware, this is about the company retroactively making a game, previously available to users with pre-paid phone plans, unplayable because of some requirement that they chose to implement. You want to talk about a business needing to make as many customers as happy as possible, but then you criticize a subset of the player base that is literally being forced out of the game for new reasons that Blizzard decided? There are other options at keeping their game as high quality as possible that don’t involve removing long active players. So, according to your own logic, it is within Blizzard’s best interest to pursue those options over the current one, so that the product can remain in good standing while not making people with certain phone plans miss out on a game they’ve already invested potentially years of time into.

3 Likes

…I don’t really think they’re going to refund me for my purchases of Overwatch 1- one on Xbox, another on PC. Both unusable to me now. Yet somehow I doubt I’ll see so much as a dollar for either of those purchases? Retroactively making a product unusable to players that have already paid and put time into it is not a good solution. There should, at the very least, be a workaround.

1 Like

No, you won’t get a refund for games you paid for years ago that you got a lot of play time out of.

If you bought any of the OW2 packs though you should be able to refund them seeing as they are not used.

I apologize for being a little confused here, so I might sound a little stupid for this question. Am I unable to link my phone number to my account because Blizzard deemed a number that I already linked to my account as a post-paid phone number, due to the fact that I switched providers? Since the number that I had linked has been with me for 2 seperate phone plans?

A lot of Longterm Blizzard customers like myself who play Overwatch were not even aware that this issue has existed since CoD Warzone because I don’t play CoD, I was only made aware of the state of things right before OW2 launched.

Seeing the reality of the situation is more like a major slap in the face to customers like me who have supported Blizzard since the 90’s. This is a make or break situation for someone like me, so I can only imagine that message will soundly reiterate itself through every fiber of communicative reception that lays dormant in heart and soul in Blizzard from every customer affected by this.

I believe they will fix this issue, because the intended purpose of this new Defense Matrix initiative was a very positive one… but you can see the negative effects it is having at segregating your player base by not including certain phone providers access to services they ultimately deserve. There are ways to fix this. and we all know that is an achievable and most less easily attainable goal to re-work and implement the system that will include its player base.

Except, i paid for overwatch over a year ago, played just fine, and now it won’t except my number. Can’t get a refund, so yeah, there is harm.

Crazy I gotta find out about this when I decide to try Overwatch 2 after all that glorious advertisement (probably costly) sparked a new interest in me after a year or so of losing interest in a once great game. Come to find out they deleted the game I paid for and replaced it with a free to play game that wont let me play on account of my wireless carrier. Have fun harassing females in the workplace cause no women could possibly find interest in you outside of a workplace where they could benefit from it, :frowning:

Why should somebody be forced to change a number they have been using for 15+ years just to play a game? This is a major Blizz issue that should have been shot down by a good legal team. I’m sure the class action lawsuit is already being drawn up at this point. You really need to shut up about things you don’t know about.

And if requiring ID to vote is considered racist because it excludes low income people, this just screams racism to the max.

1 Like

Who even cares if its Blizzards fault or not… What kind of stupid game requires you to link your phone number!? This is so dumb, I just want to try the game and I can’t because I use Metro. The world of gaming is getting dumber and dumber, having to link a phone number just to play instead of… oh I don’t know… traditional 2FA? Literally anything makes more sense then requiring a phone number to play and NOT SUPPORTING MAJOR PHONE CARRIERS. The fact I can’t use my Metro number is insanity.

I also have Metro by T-Mobile, and I was looking for a reason why I cannot add my phone number, when I have confirmed with Metro that my phone is not pre-paid. Now, I seem to have found the cause of this issue. I have had my phone number for 15 years, but for some reason, the battle.net site won’t accept it. Hopefully they fix this issue soon.

1 Like

well me and the kid just did the refund game

1 Like

It is very disheartening, that all of my friends are able to play, have loads of fun, and I just sit there and vicariously play the game through them. I have been playing call of duty since 2010. And now, I am barred from playing simply due to my daily phone.

I’m in a family plan, $100 per month, and unlimited data for all users. It would be stupid of me to cancel that.

1 Like

Hello friends I think this has nothing to do with cricket specifically.

It isn’t specific to Cricket. I have AT&T and a Blizzard support person just told me that AT&T, Metro, Cricket, etc are not supported.

Support person said to check with my carrier and ensure it wasn’t a pre-paid or VoIP number previously. It wasn’t. Next, they said “Send a copy of your phone bill”. I did. THEN they said, “We don’t support AT&T”. Funny, I have friends that have AT&T playing MW2 right now.

I will never support Blizzard games again.

I want a refund for the $75 I just spent on a game that I now cannot play.

I have Cricket too and I’m pissed!!! Waited all that time downloading and deleting games to make room… now I can’t even play because blizzard has the worst team in gaming history… the CEO needs to get fired ASAP

3 Likes

Well I wonder if that why it’s not letting me play dim (Diablo the immortal) as yet it let me play on my old phone as so I had too get a brand new phone as of a android 12 model butt i still don’t understand why I can play on one phone n not another as I played just perfectly without any problems or issues as of now that I got a brand new phone I login n follow the 4 steps of coming back n playing dim butt it’s not letting me play when I use my blizzard account as I get too the 4th step n the process starts all over again as so like I’ve played on 2 different types of phones from cricket as all phones I’ve been playing n using too play on being that brother destroyed my laptop so now I’m stuck using mobile as so the new phone I just got like 2-3 weeks ago as so I’m still trying too convert all of my games over too just my new phone as it’s got 5-600 gb as I installed a sd card which makes the memory expand more as of so the dim takes up quite a very large bit of space n memory as I play on some very large games as so I still have memory left so I’ve ratted out all of the problems n issues butt so yeah it just won’t let me login into my blizzard account as I can use the guest account as I don’t want too use that I want too play on my account as it’s already got a game started as it just won’t let me play n login n use my blizzard account too play as I don’t know why there’s a login issue so I’m seeking help with this problem as Ive always loved playing blizzard games so I’ve been playing them for only 25- years as of long time player of blizzard games as I’ve played just about all the Diablo n star craft games as plus the games associated with Diablo n star craft as I just can’t login n play Diablo the immortal dim

There is a lot of heat on this thread, but I understand the frustration with Blizzard. Blizzard chose to use a flag known to be inaccurate to refuse to allow certain phone numbers on their authenticator. Given that it is known to be inaccurate, Blizzard should either change the policy, or come up with a work around for people like me who are caught in a bind.

I had my account stolen, but Blizzard brought it back for me. I do appreciate the work they did. It took a long time, but I understand staffing could be an issue. However, they told me that account security was my issue, and they would no longer restore stolen items. Fine, I can live with the too, but they don’t allow me to use their authenticator, so I really have no option.

Frustrating.