Blizzard Battle.Net stuck at 0% installation

I had to uninstall Overwatch cause of a recent issue where I couldn’t update the game because it went from downloading 0b/s and “waiting for another update” with the Update blue button ready to be pressed at but once you click on it, it doesnt work. So I just uninstalled the blizzard app and now once I was trying to install the blizzard app, I would get stuck on “Updating Blizzard Client” but then after removing files of Blizzard and Blizz App , I finally get to the point where it says I am installing Blizzard Battle.Net BUT it would be stuck 0%. I would like to have some insight on how to fix this issue

4 Likes

Howdy HumbleKiwis,

This usually points to another program causing a conflict, such as security software. If you haven’t already though, restarting the PC could help. If this persists, try closing all other programs temporarily and temporarily disable or uninstall security software to test the install. You can always reinstall the security software once this is resolved.

2 Likes

I’m sorry not to give more information to help you solve this issue but i was wondering i’m also having troubles with the exact same thing

Did you find a way to fix it ?

1 Like

i am using a 3930k(6c12t sandybridge hedt) laptop with 32gb ram, SSD boot drive, with realtek RTL8723AE wifi 802.11n pci-e. and it has a gtx780 4gb. using windows 7 sp1. the app is very slow to respond i thought it must be my cpu or ssd causing this but after some checking no, cpu is mostly sitting around 0% utilization (this is a pretty clean and light install with no AV ect…) and the ssd seems to be functioning propperly with very low active time mostly 0%. so i did some testing and even tho the app is essentialy not responding everything else i do on the pc works great upload download speeds are good 70mbps, so i clicked update on sc2 and it got stuck after a few seconds… so i just let it sit there. sure enough after about 30min or so the launcher said “PLAY” update was finished… so not sure what is causing the app to hang. but looks like it is still functioning just not able to update what you see. very annoying indeed.

solved this for me, check your power management for the wifi device this seems to have fixed the issue for me.

right click mypc (or computer for win7) click “manage” then look for “device manager” (under system tools) click on that then look for “network adapters” expand by clicking the arrow on the left. now look for your wifi device something like “wireless lan 802.11” ect… right click on this select properties then click on the “power management” tab. you want to UNCHECK the box next to “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” then click “OK” (this will disconnect your internet for a short time).

A post was split to a new topic: [Hallucinogen] app stuck