Hello there, i opened a ticket for this error and i was refered to create a thread here here by the Tech Specialist Game Masters. I will copy/paste some of the stuff i posted and replied to my ticket down bellow, hoping for a fix or suggestion on how to make the authenticator work on my new phone.
I changed a mobile phone, installed the blizzard authenticator but right after the login i get an error message: “An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.” I tried everything the blizzard troubleshooter said before contacting. My mobile is Redmi Note 9 Pro with the latest MIUI 188.8.131.52. I searched the web and there are people that are experiencing the same problem as i do as well on the forums as well but there are no answers.
I don’t have an AdBlocker, Android VPN is disabled and i don’t have a VPN app, i did all the troubleshooter steps and the language on my phone is set on English (US).
To save you the trouble on finding what steps the troubleshooter suggests to do and if i actually did them, i reinstalled the app, i restarted my phone, i cleared cache/storage, i gave storage permissions to the app, i tried setting up the authenticator on WiFi and i tried on Mobile Data.
Sometimes after the login i actually saw for half a second or so the serial/restore codes before getting the error. I just want to get rid of my old phone that i am stuck with right now so i can authenticate my logins on battlenet services.
Thank you for your time.