Basically, I’m having an issue where I can’t use in-game voice for overwatch, and the battle.net client crashes whenever I try to start a voice chat with friends via the app. I got some help with people at blizzard but we were unable to find a solution. I have tried the steps below and will continue to look for solutions.
Issue: Blizzard app Crashes with Occurrence ID: FC071B8F-94E0-4742-81D3-A6EF383C9DCE
- Overwatch Voice stuck muted: code 1001 Required Object does not exist
I am using a Maono podcasting microphone, which is basically a generic USB microphone. I did try using another older USB microphone I had laying around but the same problems occurred.
Troubleshooting we confirmed completed or did over the phone:
- Removed Voicemeeter (No change)
- Manually disabled ALL other output and input devices just leaving the Microphone(Headset) and (Output Mic) active (No change)
- Set Recording/Playback devices to Default Format quality (No change)
- Updated Sound Drivers - No change
- Updated Windows 10 to Build 18363 - No change
- Reset Battle.net cache files(That host voice chat) No change
- Noted: Voice chat testing within settings of Battle.net app work fine(No crash, and shows voice chat working)
- Selective startup (No change)
- Windows device setup (No change)
- Windows Sound quality level for recording/voice device default (No change)
- Windows Exclusive mode (Confirmed, no change)
- New Administrator account (No Change)
- Moved Battle.net installation from F:\ drive to (OS C:) No Change.
- Switched between Battle.net Standard and Beta. No change.
Please let me know if you guys are having a similar issue, and if you try something else that works to fix your issues I would appreciate it if you added it to the bottom of this thread. Thanks!