Battle.net will not update

My battle.net app will not update past version 1.12, if I try to switch to beta, nothing happens, the few time I have gotten it to update, it went back somehow. I don’t know when this started, but I first noticed it when I was unable to play World of Warcraft Classic. I was able to get it to update by completely uninstalling then reinstalling it, but I would very much not like to do that every time I want to play classic. As I said it somehow managed to uninstall the update and bring me back to version 1.12.

Hey, Chaotik! The WoW Classic v1.12 is quite the old version! It should be on 1.13.5.35395 now. It sounds like the Blizzard Application may not be update to date either causing the game to not push the latest updates.

Let’s start off with doing a super clean reinstall on the Blizzard Application.

1. Uninstall the application
  2. Press Windows key + R and type in %temp%
  3. Delete anything related to Blizzard or Battle.net
  4. Do the same for %programdata%, %localappdata%, %appdata%
  5. Reinstall the application

These steps can cause the Blizzard Application to forget the game install locations. The games can be located by clicking on “Locate this game” next to the play button or by going to Settings (Blizzard Logo at top left), then Game Install/Update and running “Scan for Games.”

Once reinstalled and the games are found, try seeing if the update will go through.