Battle.net taskbar icon

Taskbar icon showing as a blank page on win 10, only application doing so. Tried reinstalling, didn’t work. Rebuilding icon and thumbnail cache, didn’t work. Only doing so on taskbar. Fine on desktop and windows explorer

5 Likes

Hey there,

What happens if you unpin the icon from your task bar, search the app in the start menu, then re-pin it to task bar from there?

9 Likes

I am having this same issue and it was never pinned to the task bar so this fix did nothing. I still have the blank page even after doing all the same things the person above did. Any ideas on what’s breaking the link to the icon?

3 Likes

Had the same problem. This is how I fixed it:

(Note I had to add a space after battle. net as it wouldn’t let me post, paths are actually battle.(nospace)net)

1. Right click the blank icon > (a menu appears) Then right click “battle .net” icon > select Properties.
  2. Review the “Target” and “Start in” locations. In my case is had ““C:\Program Files (x86)\Blizzard App\Battle.net.exe”” and “C:\Program Files (x86)\Blizzard App”
  • The correct location for mine is actually “C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle. net\Battle. net.exe”.
  1. To fix, I just renamed the location in in both target and start in to the correct path. Click Apply.
  • Target = “C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle. net\Battle. net.exe”
  • Start in = “C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle. net”
  1. Again right click the blank icon > (a menu appears) Then right click battle. net icon > select Properties.
  2. Select “change Icon…”, browse to the path of battle. net.exe and select it and click “open”. Select OK then Apply.

The icon should be fixed :slight_smile:

184 Likes

worked for me thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had a blank page instead of the Battle.net icon on the Windows taskbar while the application was running. It’s not a big deal, but the real icon would be better. To fix this I did the following:

1. Right-click on the Battle.net (blank page) icon on the taskbar;
  2. Right-click on the option “Battle.net”;
  3. Choose properties;
  4. Click on “Change Icon…” button;
  5. Click on browse (if an error message pops up, just dismiss it);
  6. Navigate to the installation directory of Battle.net and choose the application EXE called “Battle.net”;
  7. Apply changes, you’re done.

Note: The installation directoy should be something similar to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net”.

This solved the issue on my computer. I hope it works out for you too.

[Edited by Moderator] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.

40 Likes