Battle.Net Setup App stuck at 1% Downloading

Hello. I have a problem with the Battle.Net setup App. Previously, the application worked for me and after a year I did not want to download the update, so I uninstalled and installed the application, but if I choose the storage and let it continue, it will normally start downloading and the download will cut to 1% and I can download as long as I want, but will not move with it. I tried disabling the Firewall and all Anti-Virus. I tried to change the settings of the Internet connection. I also tried DNS settings, I simply tried everything and the application still makes the same error

1 Like

I am having the same issue after putting uTorrent in quarantine (created 1st of April). I didnt realize I just quarantined a requirement for the desktop app. Sad part is I don’t know how to re-allow it again since it doesnt show up in windows anti virus lists. I use windows defender.

Have you fixed it and if you did can you tell how because im having the same problem did everything and still no progress

1 Like

same it s sad . . … . . . . … . . . . . . . . … . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . … . . .

I didn’t have an issue installing battlenet itself but I do have issues updating any game.

Also the CPU usage will go to 25% every 2-5 seconds, then it will Not Respond for a moment and repeat. No matter if I download anything or pause all … and no matter how long I leave the launcher open it will rise to 25% CPU usage every 2-5 seconds and not respond. Does something like this happen to you too?

The launcher doesnt crash at all it just gets stuck at 1% while trying to install it and no matter how much time you leave it still sits at 1

1 Like

I had some files in \ProgramData\Battle.net (ProgramData is a hidden folder) that seemed to be the cause for my issues after reinstalling. There was also some bugged process running in the background that wasn’t visible in task manager (not even with launch as admin → show all users processes). That process was using those files so I couldn’t delete them until I restarted windows.

If you don’t know how to access the hidden folder: Deleting Battle.net Files - Blizzard Support

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.