Battle.net Issues

Blizzard,

It is unacceptable to me that by using a VPN (AdGuard) upon starting Diablo II I am immediately greeted with a 14 day ban. There is no warning, nothing.

To make it worse your “support” claims the system is entirely automated and nothing can be done. An entirely automated system. Sounds an awful lot like botting. Shrugs

I suppose I will uninstall this game again and finally move on from Blizzard products. I have been a player of Diablo !, II, and III. I will not be purchasing IV. If your support and latest release (Warcraft III: Reforged) shudders are any indication of your views on customer relations and support I will take my business elsewhere. Back to Grim Dawn or Dota 2 (I heard y’all love that game and is the reason you own all edited maps now)

And for those who disagree and say this is anecdotal. I couldnt even purchase commanders in SC2 and had to submit a trouble ticket for that. Plot twist, Blizzard didnt solve it, luckily I did (they marked it as resolved thank God).

Who knows maybe I’ll buy the new fnagled phone y’all talked about and play Diablo Immortal. After all do we not have phones?

Below is the response:

Dear Richard,

Issue ID: #74592198

Your ticket has received the following response:

Hello Richard

I understand you are having troubles with Diablo 2 and connection issues with [battle.net]. It does look like you are temporarily suspended for fourteen days. Before trying to connect again I do recommend the following.

• Make sure you are not using any VPNs, VMWARE or Virtual Box. You will want to be on a residential connection, if you are unsure if your connection is residential you can check a trace route or contact your ISP.
  • Power Cycle Your Network Devices
  • IP Release, Renew, and Flush DNS
  • If you are using Cloudflare DNS try switching over to Google DNS

You will also want to make sure you are not doing any of the following as they can cause what you are seeing:
• Rapidly connecting and disconnecting from Battle.net
• Switching between accounts or characters too quickly
• Leaving and joining games too quickly

You can view the rest of the list here:

Please understand that Diablo 2 is a very old game (20 years) that uses the original [battle.net]system which is very sensitive. Because of this these are automated systems that we can only view but not touch. We cannot reduce or remove suspensions.

If you continue to experience issues, you can respond to your ticket with additional information.

If you do not resolve the ticket or provide an additional response within one week, we will resolve the ticket automatically and you’ll receive a final update via email.

Regards,
Blizzard Support

So you broke the rules, and got suspended for 2 weeks. Hmm… seems like a you problem.

Sit out the 2 weeks and when (if) you return, don’t break the rules. It’s like botters getting banned and then complaining about it.

Besides, the TOS says they can pretty much ban you for whatever reason they want, for any length of time…

Yup I broke the rules I didnt know existed. My bad.

And using a VPN in 2020 is like botting

lol gtfo
You right.

And nah. I’ll just uninstall and move on (like I said)

And judging by the fact there’s multiple of these posts it isn’t a me problem, but maybe I’m wrong

also, accidentally opened my vpn to watch a youtube video… d2 was open now I cant log in.

I’d try to help, but it’s only me having this problem, so it’s impossible it’s affecting you.

Rasalom could help maybe. He knows all the rules